NDL 9 COMMENTARY/DISCUSSION THREAD Topic

thoughts on teams (UPDATED at end of regular season)

Montana Management - call them 80Plus. 80Plus runners. 80Plus passer. 80Plus Oline. 80Plus def. Why y'all left the Bills D for Genco take in [edit] late rd2 is beyond me; I see it as one of the top 3 for the money. Jim will win 11 or 12 games.
  • Genco lost lots of close games. His QB also was sacked a ton despite a great O-line rating. I still think if we re-ran the league next month this team would win 11+.
2. why yes, run it is - two minor weakensses; run D and receivers don't go deep. But solid overall.
* sorta nailed it. Russell Wilson threw short passes, had very few INTs, leading to success. I’m surprised how well his D performed
NDL came a callin - rivverratk's teams are similar. Ditto above.
* same team, slightly worse defense performance, for reasons that seem random
4 Oilers & Bengals & BEARS, OH MY! - Awesome D. Good enough O when Dalton isn't overused or injured.
  • Well, if I had known Dalton would never get hurt and would complete 68% of his passes to almost lead the league, of COURSE Amerk should win 14 games. However, I predict an ill-timed sprain in the playoffs! Also, in retrospect, I should have seen that his division had some creative teams that weren’t going to provide the elite level of competition.
5 SanFran Sharks - will run right over mediocre run defenses, and D is solid. But Bo is frail and passing attack not scary.
  • Yup
6 Pittsburgh Cowboys - excellent ground attack *and* passing attack *and* special teams. But that D will allow >32 pts/game in this league.
  • Team DID allow most yards in the league, but kept pts allowed down to <30. Opponents failed a ton of 4th down conversions, which likely helped.

7 Murder Ball - zero waste in skill players. Explosive well-balanced offense. Not a fan of the defense chosen.
  • Culpepper did great, and what looks like a mediocre run defense did well; somehow spike’s team had fewer offensive PLAYS against them, keeping total yards (and pts) allowed low. Did his offense keep his D off the field?
8 MAY TAYLOR MADE - Great looking club, IF Jim Taylor and Ken O'Brien aren't overworked by the end of 4th quarter.
  • Jim Taylor crushed everyone in rushing. That helped. I guess his 370 carries wasn’t “overusing” him.
9 interception - opponents go to coach's office, pull down and select "heavy pass focus", while asking themselves "can I pick sooper dooper pass focus"?
  • Yeah, teams keyed on the pass, limiting Eli’s effectivenss
10 She's buying the Stairway To Heaven - there's a bustle in Favre's hedgerow. More importantly, this club will allow more yds per play than it gains. Maybe the tough Drive and Red Zone will save TDs.
  • The tough Drive and Red Zone didn’t appear to save TDs.
11 Colonel Mustard - color my world with hope of an 8-8 season. Just peachy, gray.
  • Fun experiment. Thanks for the entertainment!
12 Old Time Rock & Roll- great club except they will get rocked and rolled thru the air
* team was hosed in close games. But riddle me this, Batman; why did opponents tend to throw FEWER passes against this super run defense?
13 OttoMatick - I went for explosvie running and the occasional long pass. Scrimped on D, actually spent money on special teams.
  • I am surprised how often my team wound up having to punt the ball away, given how efficient the offense was. I couldn’t convert third downs all year
14 Charlie's Angels - I wanna see foxx's playbook; lots of 2 TE use? My vote for best team name and theme
* Team was let down by some guy named Chad. Who let him behind center?
15 Masque of RED DEATH - receiving depth will be challenged by injuries at times; otherwise Peyton works his magic.
* The D surprisingly is near top of the league. Along with Peyton, that makes for a great team record.

4 Sticks - If road can get RG3 to run well; something that has eluded other great-rushing-QB-owners; this team will stuff many passing games and do well.
* RG3 didn’t run well. Thus team did only about avg. Who knows the secret to get great-rushing QBs to achieve their potential in WIS?

17 Easy Breesy - ready 4 brilliant analysis? If passing (and preventing passing) is the key to winning, rjk will win.
* This team did SO much better at passing than it allowed. And not so good on the ground.

18 Fluffya Aaguls - someone wanna guess if my gimpy running attack can survive multiple breaks, tears, & sprains? I wish to bring up that there is this thing called the punting game. It's part of football. I decided to do well at it.
* as previous whining explained, why my running game stunk so badly is beyond me. No way I draft those kind of RBs again. But I won close games to make the playoff, despite Matt Ryan’s too-many-picks. I think the punting game helped 30+ yds/game

19 Camden Choo Choo Express - I'm poozled a little by how much Ray Rice will be used. But this is your typical solid NDL 75mil team.
* Sadly, Ray Rice stunk.

20 Its SHOWTIME - TBrady backed by .. some mediocrity in run offense and run defense. But TVoss has surprised me before. His 4 top WR/TE are amazin.
* TVoss did not surprise me *this* time
21 Northmen - ditto comment on team 17 above. This just in - Aaron Rodgers is good.
* ace’s team had the misfortune of absolutely crushing opponents in some games, and barely losing other ones.
22 Mean Machine - solid all around. He even can kick these things called field goals. I hear they are worth 3 points. Most owners here opt often to go-for-it on 4th down instead.
  • Solid team. Kicked some extra FGs, didn’t mess up a lot of failed 4th down and longs.
23 New York Vikings - Steve Young can throw. Steve Young can run. Steve Young can't throw or run every down tho. Or play D.
* once again... a running QB who didn’t’ run well in this league.
24 !@#$%^&*() - did I spell that correctly!@&)?
* did well overall, with a weakness for Kurt tossing a few too many into opponents’ hands
5/26/2016 2:28 PM (edited)
No one was a fan of the 99 Rams D I chose either... I'll show you!
5/1/2016 5:01 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 5/3/2016 12:29:00 PM (view original):
He doesnt have them separated by NFC/AFC.
Want to name the team in question?
Roadhouse19 had his teams swapped, I had put in the predictions with the wrong team of his in the division. So I had to re-write it. Don't you worry boo boo, it's my error not his.
5/4/2016 6:23 AM
I had a more thought out and well-written post, but I'm not sure people would appreciate the humor/brutal honesty in regards to picks and my thoughts on choices. I figured I'd go with the safe out and just do my predictions.

This is a VERY bold and quick prediction, based on looking at teams for about a minute a piece. I didn't look at schedules, or anything of the sort. Maybe after pre-season is done, I'll be able to look at people's schemes and schedule strength and have a more in depth write-up.

AFC:

1st - Montana Management 12-4
2nd - May Taylor Made 11-5
3rd - Old Time Rock & Roll 9-7
4th - Pittsburgh Cowboys - 11-5
5th - Northmen - 10-6
6th - Why Yes, Run it is 8-8

NFC

1st: Murder Ball 16-0 (20-0 is you include pre-season). This one was pretty easy to predict, duh!
2nd: It's Showtime - 10-6
3rd: Masque of RED DEATH - 9-7
4th: Mean Machine - 11-5
5th: !@#$%^&*() - 8-8
6th: She's buying the Stairway To Heaven - 7-9
5/4/2016 10:27 AM (edited)
but I'm not sure people would appreciate the humor/brutal honesty in regards to picks and my thoughts on choices.

not sure many of us would even care.
5/4/2016 6:41 PM
Wow 9-7 would be awesome c
5/4/2016 6:55 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 5/4/2016 6:41:00 PM (view original):
but I'm not sure people would appreciate the humor/brutal honesty in regards to picks and my thoughts on choices.

not sure many of us would even care.
Meh, I just didn't want to post something silly and have someone take it to heart. I literally am just wasting time at work by being a pain in the a**...
5/4/2016 8:12 PM
end of season commentary edited at top of page
5/26/2016 4:30 PM
◂ Prev 12
NDL 9 COMMENTARY/DISCUSSION THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.