NFL_Team_Greats_League_75M Topic

Hello I'm creating a league, where we hold 1 Round Forum Draft, Draft will be random, but you Pick a Single Team, Then you have to draft ALL players from that TEAM. Of course Teams in League longer has more to pick from but still should have plenty of players to fill roster. Also No Clones only one Instance of a Player. Team has to use original stadium and have something in the Team Name linking to City or Mascot.

Let's Rock!
4/23/2016 7:56 AM
I dont think the cap is high enough. The NDLs have the same cap and our backup players are usually $325,000 scrubs.
If I take the Steelers, and have Big Ben as my QB, I would want Bradshaw (healthy and fully durable) holding my clipboard.
If I use Hines Ward and Lynn Swann as WRs, I want Antonio Brown and John Stallworth, and maybe Buddy Dial or Roy Jefferson ready to go.

The reason for a cap is to make people chose between a super defense and their bench players. If you want all of the best Franchise players on each team you could raise the overall cap ($90M). If you are afraid that everyone will take a $37M D, impose a Def cap ($33M).
4/23/2016 11:45 AM
y'all just need to join the low cap 55M league and figure out how to draft mediocre players......
4/23/2016 2:29 PM
I'd like in.
4/24/2016 7:58 PM
So in this has been needed
4/29/2016 1:55 PM
So in this has been needed 
4/29/2016 1:56 PM
75 mil seems right maybe 80 most
4/29/2016 1:57 PM
You need a salary cap, to those complaining about it... There are not 24 Franchises with 80+mil worth of "equal" Salary... It's not fair for the bottom half of the draft, who's stuck with franchises like Buffalo, who have lots of legendary players but none who really translate to high rating/salary in Whatifsports... Big Ben = 9+ mil... Jim Kelly might have a 7mil season if you're lucky... Franco Harris, Jerome Bettis or LeVeon bell have outstanding seasons, but the most expensive reasonable Bills RB season is probably CJ Spiller (at like 5.5)

70-75 Mil is a solid cap.
5/2/2016 9:04 AM
I'm be facetious, to a point... After OJ, the Bills have almost no one that would translate well to sim. The Steelers have lots of options....... You can't put together an only Oilers team with 80+ Mil that will ever really compete against an 80+mil Steelers team. You can't put together an all Jaguars team and have it compete against an all Rams or all Cowboys team, unless you have salary restriction. You need a salary restriction or teams without the depth throughout history will just never truly compete... It's like putting together an All MLB Franchise league and saying the Yankees can use who-ever they want with no restrictions, of course they'd win. (just an FYI, I did this 5 times and 5 times in a row the Yankees won with 5 different owners)

Also -- Thurman Thomas is absolute garbage in this sim. They do him absolutely ZERO justice.
5/2/2016 4:10 PM (edited)
NFL_Team_Greats_League_75M Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.