IBA D2 Season 86 Topic

Who are your early preseason favorites?
4/23/2016 9:48 AM
Johnson C Smith is loaded. Your team Longwood aint so bad either. :) Kennesaw St and NW Nazarene very athletic. This is rebuilding year for my Harding.
4/29/2016 10:36 AM
Game-planning Cal St LA this morning and noticed he has a Homecourt Advantage of B. That is very rare in D2. I think even at the height of my success, I could only get to a B-. So I looked at Cal St LA and @bistiza's history. Coming into this season, Cal St LA was 76-2 at home the past 6 seasons. Thus far this season he is 2-2 against a tough schedule. But 76-2 in 6 seasons is ridiculous success at home.

And I play there tonight. :(
5/1/2016 10:52 AM
We made some lineup changes, and ended up winning the Yarnell, so I'm sticking with this new lineup for now. We have a few weaknesses, but can really contend with the right matchups in the national tourney.
5/3/2016 7:44 PM
I am thinking Kennesaw State is the favorite. Really solid team. I like Oldave's team too.
5/5/2016 8:18 AM
CVAC looking strong, folks - can't remember the last time we've had the #1 RPI
5/5/2016 10:11 AM
Heartland is 3rd in RPI. There are some good teams and some rebuilding teams, but no great teams this season. Interestingly, the top RPI so far is at #11 by N Alabama, coached by SIM AI. Coach AI is a strong contender for conference coach of the year. Someone should REALLY grab that team......
5/5/2016 3:38 PM
any predictions for the upcoming tourney, folks?
5/24/2016 4:03 PM
Not yet from our conference. We (N-10) have 2 pretty good NT level teams. (realistically should be a #3 - #5 seed respectively). We have 2 other teams (Likely at large selections) that could knock off the top two teams in the semi final tonight. The 5th human coached team is probably just going to miss out on a NT at large due to a bad loss at the end of conference play.
5/25/2016 8:07 AM
That's what I get for suggesting both 2 seeds could upset they 1's . It did indeed happen. The silver lining is that we will get 4 into the NT now as a result.
5/26/2016 8:17 AM
Here's my final four prediction :

Kennesaw State (Midwest)
Hillsdale (East)
Longwood (South)
Johnson C. Smith (West)

My sleepers : Wingate, N.W. Nazarene (probably the worst match-up for Kennesaw St.), CSU San Bernardino (not really a sleepers, it's a top 6 favs), Anderson
5/27/2016 1:20 PM
Posted by troyooga on 5/26/2016 8:17:00 AM (view original):
That's what I get for suggesting both 2 seeds could upset they 1's . It did indeed happen. The silver lining is that we will get 4 into the NT now as a result.
Make it 5 for the N10 - a shocking invitation but one we accept. A rematch with non-conference opponent Kennesaw St. We hope to keep the margin under 20. It's great to be back in Iba after a long hiatus.
5/27/2016 8:55 PM
Hillsdale still alive, Johnson C. Smith too, Anderson as a sleeper.
5/29/2016 8:00 PM
IBA D2 Season 86 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.