I now believe in an unannounced recruiting update Topic

Without going into detail, but it use to be that you could recruit a 3-sim recruit in the first visit cycle with 7 successful visits or 7 sets of 7 scouts. This is no longer the case. I am finding the ratio much higher and much more often than in the past that 10 or more successful visits are needed to bump off the 3 sims in the first cycle. Not complaining, because it should affect everyone the same. But I saw this debated a few months ago and have really started to notice it since that debate.
4/26/2016 1:10 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
At what level? What positional rank of the recruit? What position? What prestige of school are you at? What schools - BCS or non?
4/27/2016 12:15 AM
deuce, it takes two clicks only, to discover he's talking Michigan in Yost!
4/27/2016 1:25 AM
Posted by polarsi on 4/27/2016 1:25:00 AM (view original):
lol.

Yes, Michigan in Yost. And that is what makes it so puzzling to me. As an elite, having to send more than 8 successful visits to beat out 3 sims in round one is particularly noticeable and a fairly new observation for me. If I was at Bowling Green, probably would not raise an eyebrow.
4/27/2016 11:55 AM
I suppose, but that only answers two of my questions. I cannot tell which recruits he's talking about, which three of the other questions referred to.
4/27/2016 3:53 PM
Posted by ermackey on 4/27/2016 11:55:00 AM (view original):
lol.

Yes, Michigan in Yost. And that is what makes it so puzzling to me. As an elite, having to send more than 8 successful visits to beat out 3 sims in round one is particularly noticeable and a fairly new observation for me. If I was at Bowling Green, probably would not raise an eyebrow.
Even at a high-prestige Elite, I doubt 7 successful visits would bounce three BCS schools off, say, the #1 QB recruit. For example. There's some missing context here that I believe is important.

Because from my D-IA Elite, I have not observed any difference in difficulty.
4/27/2016 3:55 PM
I thought we all used Jersey + $1,500 ???
4/27/2016 11:21 PM
Posted by gt_deuce on 4/27/2016 3:55:00 PM (view original):
lol.

Even at a high-prestige Elite, I doubt 7 successful visits would bounce three BCS schools off, say, the #1 QB recruit. For example. There's some missing context here that I believe is important.

I don't want to get into specifics. I just wanted to acknowledge that I believe I see a difference. If it is more than me, we may want to delve deeper.

I will say that I am not referring players who are in the top 200. Those would not be that much of a surprise.
4/28/2016 12:35 AM
Posted by gt_deuce on 4/27/2016 3:55:00 PM (view original):
lol.

I concur with gt_deuce....same old same old.
4/28/2016 12:37 AM
I now believe in an unannounced recruiting update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.