Sign and Trade Getting Nullified Topic

If you do a "sign-and-trade" (Trade for a vet but have his current owner extend his contract first)... how long do you have to wait before accepting the trade offer??? I traded for a vet and had his current owner extend him during the PM2 part 1 cycle. I didn't accept until PM2 part 2 cycle, thinking that would be enough time. Nope. The trade got nullified due to the extension.

So how long should you wait in a case like this? One entire cycle? 24 hours? Thanks...
4/27/2016 10:53 PM
Your description of the events does not sound correct. If the extension is signed AFTER the trade is accepted, it is sometimes voided. In your description, you accepted a trade for a player who had already been signed. Doesn't work like that.

My guess is the extension created a cap issue. Probably future seasons.
4/28/2016 6:51 AM
Yes, I accepted a trade from a player who had already been extended previous to me accepting. The extension happened in the PM2 part 1 cycle. I accepted in the PM2 part 2 cycle. It still got nullified because of the extension.

It's no big deal. We just redid the trade the following morning and it went through no problem. I'm just wondering if there is a window of time where you need to wait before accepting a trade with a guy who was just extended.
4/28/2016 2:50 PM
From "Help" on the "Trade Proposals" Screen:

With regards to the contract or salary change of a player, it's important to note that the timing of the contract or salary change is not based on actual timestamp but on the HBD cycle. For instance, if a trade is proposed and accepted during the AM cycle but a player has his contract extended earlier but also in the AM cycle, the trade will still be nullified.
4/28/2016 4:11 PM
Thanks, alogman. Okay, next time... I wait one entire cycle before pressing ACCEPT.
4/28/2016 7:55 PM (edited)
Sign and Trade Getting Nullified Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.