Here's a bug I never noticed before.

I traded for a player with Fatigue in the 70s. Figured I'd wait 7 days / 21 HBD days to assign him to my ML team. (We have 10 days / 30 HBD days to assign a player before Siimmy cuts them.)

Turns out there's a bug. Players don't rest / recover while waiting to be assigned. Time does not pass for them.
4/28/2016 8:50 PM
I don't know that that is necessarily a bug
4/29/2016 12:15 AM
I figured out another one that is horrible as well. Took over a team that was inactive, the former owner had pitchers playing position spots. Apparently as soon as a pitcher plays a position they recover at the speed that a position player recovers regardless of what their fatigue is at.

So I have guys who have pitched 9 innings total in the season who are at 72 fatigue that are going to take another 28 days to reach back to 100 again. What a mess.
4/29/2016 8:54 AM
I don't think either issue is a bug. Non-rostered players are basically in purgatory. It's a way to prevent owners from gaming the system.

Pitchers playing positions recovery is sort of a punishment. While it wasn't of your doing, that shouldn't happen.
4/29/2016 9:20 AM
It's not just non-rostered players, though.

IIRC, when the minor league playoffs are under way, players assigned to levels that have not made the playoffs do not recover either.
4/29/2016 9:39 AM
That is correct. Their season is over so, technically, they are not on a roster.
4/29/2016 10:14 AM
Posted by frymaster99 on 4/29/2016 12:15:00 AM (view original):
I don't know that that is necessarily a bug
Anyone know how long an MLB team can wait to assign a player to a roster after they trade for him?
5/2/2016 6:14 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.