Formation IQ How much is too much Topic

Right now I'm planning on running just 1 offense and 1 defense.

It seems some really good schools just heavily focus on doing that and getting form IQ into the 70's.

How much time do I have to put into it(is there a point of dimishing returns) and can I still keep player growth in the 4-6 range per attribute.

right now I ahve 20 into my offense/defense and 8 in ST what should I be expecting from those ranges?
5/2/2016 11:41 AM
20 is more then enough if your goal is around 70 by the senior year. Also keep in mind that GPA plays a big factor, so a player with 2.2 GPA might barely hit 70 by the -end- of the senior season, while a player with a 3.8 will hit 90+.
5/2/2016 12:48 PM
Posted by genuvar on 5/2/2016 12:48:00 PM (view original):
20 is more then enough if your goal is around 70 by the senior year. Also keep in mind that GPA plays a big factor, so a player with 2.2 GPA might barely hit 70 by the -end- of the senior season, while a player with a 3.8 will hit 90+.
Also keep in mind that work ethic will also play a factor. A player with a 3.8 gpa and a 40 WE isn't going to grow as fast as someone with the same gpa and 50 WE. I haven't yet noticed as big of a difference with potential and form IQ growth but it might make at least a little difference.
5/2/2016 1:12 PM
Potentially interesting discussion here. GPA doesn't get mentioned much at all and I ignore it completely. Should I take more notice of it? I play predominantly div1AA.
5/2/2016 1:29 PM
Its probably because GPA only influences formation IQ.. but all other things being equal the player with the higher GPA is going to gain formation IQ faster and end up with a higher overall IQ.
5/2/2016 1:43 PM
Posted by polarsi on 5/2/2016 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Potentially interesting discussion here. GPA doesn't get mentioned much at all and I ignore it completely. Should I take more notice of it? I play predominantly div1AA.
You should notice it for your quarterbacks if you want them to have top-shelf formation IQ.
5/2/2016 1:43 PM
You are in D3. In D3 I would put no more than 10 points into any formation practice. In D3 the whole game is growing your players attributes. Wierdly, I would put 15 into special teams. I seem to get more returns for td's this way. I have won many NC's and most of them I had only 8 points per formation in d2.
5/4/2016 9:50 PM
Posted by mojolad on 5/4/2016 9:50:00 PM (view original):
You are in D3. In D3 I would put no more than 10 points into any formation practice. In D3 the whole game is growing your players attributes. Wierdly, I would put 15 into special teams. I seem to get more returns for td's this way. I have won many NC's and most of them I had only 8 points per formation in d2.
Agreed
5/4/2016 10:37 PM
Posted by mojolad on 5/4/2016 9:50:00 PM (view original):
putting 10 minutes into my 1 offense and defense what would I be expecting for a range of my formation IQ's to be?
5/5/2016 12:09 AM
Viva, I honestly don't know. What I do know is that it was enough to win NC's with. Isn't that what you are trying for ?
Edited: I have a qb with a GPA of 2.5 and he's a senior. Going into his senior season(it's the beginning of the season) his formation iq is 71.
5/5/2016 7:59 AM (edited)
Hard to compare results when mojolads team is making a deep run every season and your team is in the early stages of just trying to sniff the playoffs.
5/5/2016 11:31 AM
Posted by tbolt21 on 5/5/2016 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Hard to compare results when mojolads team is making a deep run every season and your team is in the early stages of just trying to sniff the playoffs.
I mean I should be a 1st.2nd round team that gets demolished by a top team in the playoffs? It's not like I'm completely rebuilding a 3-8 sim built team right?

Isn't formation IQ going to be affected by WE/GPA and time allotted? A championship team isn't going to be getting rosters full of incredibly high WE/GPA players so much that it's not comparable?

My goal is to be in the 75-90 range senior year. Which is what I see some top D3 teams at and I'd like to mimic, which I guess I've been doing to much because I had my practice time at 20 for pro-3/4 and 8 for ST right now thats ~17 growth for offense, 15 growth on defense, and 11 on ST. I should like mentioned lower my offense/defensive IQ and increase my ST adjustment. To get to 80 range I need to average about 12-15 growth per season just generally assuming 15-20 Formation IQ coming in.

Does potential also have an impact on Formation growth? Because I know it's just kinda like a WE boost for rating development.
5/5/2016 4:52 PM (edited)
For Dlll form IQ is going to matter but growing your talent you is going to separate you more. Putting 8-10 into your formations is going to give you a good IQ for you QBs. Having the RS season and the extra playoff games will give added growth. GPA is what will drive IQ growth.
5/6/2016 9:06 AM
Formation IQ How much is too much Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.