Does it take quite a bit of points to crack into a recruiting battle for a recruit that is interested in another school already? Is it any less points or seem easier when that team they're interested in is a "Sim Coach"?
5/2/2016 4:59 PM
If you're battling a Sim, it's not very difficult to turn the player green if you hit him early, within the first 2 or 3 cycles. In D2, it'll usually take your ac scout trip, then anywhere from 1 to 4 campus visits. If you're battling another human, you never know how much it'll take. You probably don't want to battle too many humans unless you have a substantial distance or money advantage.
5/2/2016 5:36 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 5/2/2016 5:37:00 PM (view original):
If you're battling a Sim, it's not very difficult to turn the player green if you hit him early, within the first 2 or 3 cycles. In D2, it'll usually take your ac scout trip, then anywhere from 1 to 4 campus visits. If you're battling another human, you never know how much it'll take. You probably don't want to battle too many humans unless you have a substantial distance or money advantage.
I've had initial ac scouts with as many as 7 successful campus visits on the next cycle and then the recruit still has a Sim on them.
5/2/2016 5:51 PM
Posted by BDsaint785 on 5/2/2016 4:59:00 PM (view original):
Does it take quite a bit of points to crack into a recruiting battle for a recruit that is interested in another school already? Is it any less points or seem easier when that team they're interested in is a "Sim Coach"?
if the player was originally considering simai, then the other school would obviously have had to put in more effort to win the player over so it will never be less points

if the player was originally undecided, then yes the other school likely has less effort invested than what a simai will have in a different recruit that is considering them

5/2/2016 8:15 PM
I was battling one sim for a guy and turned him green, on the last day of recruiting, he signs with some other sim team that wasn't even in the running.
5/5/2016 1:59 AM
Posted by nomad127 on 5/5/2016 1:59:00 AM (view original):
I was battling one sim for a guy and turned him green, on the last day of recruiting, he signs with some other sim team that wasn't even in the running.
Hmm, that's interesting. Don't think I've ever seen that happen before. When you knock off a Sim no other Sims should be able to come in to take your recruit once he's green. Are you sure it was a Sim team? Anyone else experience this?
5/6/2016 7:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Unless it happened because a scholarship wasn't offered. Did you offer a scholarship?
5/7/2016 3:30 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.