Somehow I am 150k over budget I am trying to make a trade which will put me under budget but it is saying if I dont get under budget it will be nullified. I dont have any money I can transfer. How can I free up that 150k? if I cant do it via trade what can I do? any help would be appreciated
5/3/2016 4:26 PM
Waive some guys and ask someone to pick em up. Maybe the guy you are trading with? Ask the league if it's cool first.

Or transfer cash from coaches/prospects.
5/3/2016 4:41 PM
First, it's possible the message is wrong. I seem to recall getting over salary budget somehow a long time ago. I thought I traded my way out. Can't say for sure, and they've made some changes to the game since then. You'll know in a few hours.

As long as the other GM agrees, you can clean up your salary issue within 2 days and resubmit the trade.

IMO, asking another GM who is supposed to be competing against you to help you out by claiming one of your crap players off waivers so you can free up some salary is cheating / collusion. I'd lobby hard for HBD to toss both of you out of any world I was in since collusion is against the Fair Play rules.

You got yourself into the mess. Get yourself out.

I'm going to question that you "don't" have any money to transfer. I'm guessing you don't want to transfer it. Only way you can't transfer money into salary is if your Prospect budget is $6M before the draft, or below $2M after the draft. Otherwise, you can move money into Salary.

If this trade in important enough, waive one or more players good enough for another team to want them. As long as they are making $500K or more, you can replace them with someone who will make $327K and that will free up $150K.
5/3/2016 7:00 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 5/3/2016 4:41:00 PM (view original):
Waive some guys and ask someone to pick em up. Maybe the guy you are trading with? Ask the league if it's cool first.

Or transfer cash from coaches/prospects.
Wouldn't it be more straightforward, and less collusive, to first make another trade with the same owner first that frees up $150K? Trade a AAA lifer making $350K for a Hi A non-prospect making $30K. One team gets a slightly better but mostly irrelevant player and the other team gets a small financial benefit.
5/4/2016 6:02 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.