Where did I go wrong? Topic

Been a way for a while, engine has changed some I know. Luther drubbed me, thought I had enough talent to keep it close but not even. Your thoughts folks........https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=5816520
5/3/2016 11:39 PM (edited)
Nobody else wants to say anything? From what I can tell from a glance is that he has more depth on his roster and managed his subs better. Most of the time he was scoring was because his players were rested while yours were gassed. Go back to the pbp and look at the stamina levels.. it makes a big difference
5/4/2016 8:26 AM
From a quick look, his lines both are better than yours, his DBs are really good.

Did they make stamina matter again?
5/4/2016 8:31 AM
I took a long break.. but as far as I know oriole turned fatigue back on 2 years ago and I'm pretty certain it's still that way.

I didn't even check the talent on each team.. but Luther is a bit better across the board
5/4/2016 1:59 PM
Thanks guys, haven't had a lot of work with new engine. When I played everyone ran the ball 100 times a game and beat you on depth. I did have my starters at 80, probably not a good idea. So whats the best offense to run know? I use to run wishbone and pound it all game, anyone still doing this? Also what's up with it being so hard to knock sims off of recruits now days?
5/4/2016 3:16 PM
Most people are running either proset, Iform, or trips and passing a lot. Hardly anyone is running the ball that much.
5/4/2016 3:31 PM
Not true. There are still running teams getting to the NC games. Pretty much you can decide what you want to do, then recruit for it, practice for it, game plan for it, and win with it.
5/4/2016 5:03 PM
I want to see the 100% run team winning an NC. I only have teams in 2 world's and I don't pay attention that much to the others. I'm not saying people don't run.. I'm saying they don't do it that much since most teams i see are balanced or pass heavy. I'm also saying what is popular and not that everyone does that.. I run shotgun/trips for example. I was just giving some general info to answer his question and not some crap answer. The way the engine is today, based on all the feedback I've seen, is that it is geared for passing and not running like the old engine.. not saying it's not possible but I haven't seen it or seen anyone come on these forums saying "look at my all run team".

I hate posting something that is "not true". Which is why I typically research something before I post.. but I seriously couldn't find a wishbone 100% run team that is relevant.. but if you know of one please share because I'm honestly not here just to argue and I like when people go a different route (like the guy that's running 5-2 with success).
5/4/2016 10:03 PM
I said running team, not 100% running. You are welcome to try it though. In Warner D-II nacorwin has a team Minnesota Crookston that is 2-1 run, won an NC in season 102. So, not true. I can find more if you want. That team came to mind when I read your complaint. And even back in the 100% run days, passing teams still were winning. Of course, you can say whatever you want, believe what you want, interpret whichever way you want.
5/5/2016 1:03 AM
I run the ball about 75%, and would be VERY hard to get above that in DIII as the max play calling ratio is 80/20. Haven't won a NC yet, but been to 5 NC games and 4 final fours in the last 13 season. Also, I have 3 of the top individual rushing season in Wilkinson, including #1, breaking a record that had stood since season 42. Back quality if important, BUT o-line play is where it's at. The years that I don't get as far in the playoffs are years that my OL depth is not elite (otherwise known as the years that I have 25 freshmen). This is what I would consider a elite OL:

3 mid 60's starts (1 close to 70)
2 low-mid 60's starters
2-3 60ish back-up
2-3 more young linemen with good core stats

mix with a 60+ back and good results should follow. The better the back, obviously better results.

PS, miami_jefe is the coach who I struggle to get past
5/5/2016 5:18 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ebel331 on 5/7/2016 10:19:00 PM (view original):
You may have gone wrong with the lateral D3 move
wouldn't a move to Colorado be considered a step up if long term D3 is the plan?
5/9/2016 1:15 AM
Well it is at a higher elevation ; if that's what you mean by moving up ? .
5/9/2016 2:48 PM
Yah you can legally get much higher in Colorado now.
5/9/2016 3:04 PM
Where did I go wrong? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.