The Triple Lindy- a new 3 era progressive-6 are in Topic

The Triple Lindy was a ridiculously high difficulty dive performed by Rodney Dangerfield's character in the movie "Back to School".

We will perform our own stunts here...

This will be a 3 era progressive, beginning with the 1905, 1940 and 1975 seasons.

To compensate for the smaller player pool prior to 1961's MLB expansion, any era team that is currently playing in a season prior to 1961 has the option to use the player's current season, or use the proceeding season of that player. If you trade a player to a team of a different era, the acquiring team must use the current season only. If a team acquires a player during the season using the trade utility in the GM's office, they use the existing season. The following seasons they would only be allowed to use the current season of that player.

There will be 8 owners playing from each era, in a 24 team league. Standard 162 game format.

Drafts
We will hold three separate drafts each season, one for each era. You will draft within your era, with the exception of acquired draft picks. If you acquire a pick from a different era, you will be given that draft spot, and you make your pick in that era's draft.

Initial drafts in each era will be serpentine-style 1-8, 8-1 drafts consisting of 25 rounds, plus a 26th round which is optional. Random assigned draft order. The purpose of the 26th round is to provide you with a developmental player. Each season you will be given the option to place a player on inactive status. Does not count against your active 25 man roster. Designating this player inactive is for the entire season, and is not available for callup.

The 1905 era teams will draft from the 1905 available player list, and may use either a 1904 or 1905 season.

The 1940 era teams will draft from the 1940 available player list, and may use either a 1939 or 1940 season.

The 1975 teams do not get the option. They draft 1975 players, and must use 1975 versions only.

Subsequent seasons: Each season we advance the calendar one year. Player drafts will be held prior to each season. Draft order will be determined by the previous season's win-loss records as of the conclusion of game #120. Worst to first. Tiebreakers will be head-to-head records, runs scored in H2H, then total regular season run differential.
Prior to the draft, each team will post their keepers, as well as any players cut or on IR. You will then be assigned as many draft picks needed to get your active roster back to 25 players. If you draft a pre-1961 player, you get the pre-1961 option to use the current or proceeding season. This holds true up to and including the 1960 season. Note: you are free to trade your picks as you wish. Just remember that you only get as many picks for the upcoming draft as you have available roster spots. If you trade a future pick, all it means is that the acquiring owner possesses the rights to pick in your spot in that round.

Stadiums will be drafted prior to the player draft. You may draft any stadium in the WIS database. No duplicate of stadiums such as Coors/Mile High allowed. Random.org assigned draft order...
Stadium switching- you can swap to any stadium not belonging to any owner. This will only be allowed after each 5th league season. Any replacement owners will be allowed to swap when they assume an existing team, then they will follow the 5 season rule. If more than one new owner, we'll use previous season win-loss records, worst record goes first.

Trading- allowed and encouraged. Draft picks may be traded, up to 2 seasons in advance.
Vetoes of 6 or more owners nullify a trade. All trades must be posted in our trade thread by all involved parties to be valid. Trades involving draft picks, or trades that affect draft order, will also be kept on page 1 of the upcoming season's draft thread for reference.

Injured reserve: No limit as to the number of players on IR, and no limit as to how long they remain there. They cannot be on IR if they are WIS eligible for the upcoming season. Any player returning from IR must be placed on your active roster, otherwise they must either be placed on inactive status, be cut or traded...

Inactive player rule: You have the option to place 1 WIS eligible player on inactive status. They may remain there no more than 3 consecutive seasons. Only 1 player per team is allowed on inactive status at any given time. A player placed here is inactive for the entire season, and is not available for callup. Any player returning from inactive status must be put on your roster, cut, or traded, unless they are eligible for IR. I will maintain a list in each season's roster thread.

*Disputes: In the event of a dispute where there is no operative rule or guideline, or if their interpretation is unclear, the commissioner will make a ruling. If three or more owners object to the ruling, the commissioner’s view does not stand and the issue is brought to all the owners through a vote which will be notified to all owners through a sitemail.

*Rule Changes: These can be discussed at any time. The first owner to want a rule change should start a thread and we’ll use that going forward to discuss any changes. However, in order to protect owners from having to vote constantly or on frivolous issues, a proposal to make, modify or eliminate a rule must be seconded by three or more owners in addition to the proposing owner before it can be voted on.

*Voting: Each owner gets one vote. Majority rules on all votes. Majority means the majority of owners who vote, not the majority of owners. However there must be at least 14 votes cast on any issue for the vote to be valid. The commissioner does not vote unless there is a tie; then he/she is the deciding vote. The commissioner does however set the time deadline within which the voting must take place.

Each season i will announce a date for rosters to be posted. This includes minor league and IR assignments. Once rosters are posted, there will a 24 hour period for double checking rosters, and updating the available player list for our player draft...trades can be made, but no other roster moves allowed in that 24 hr period...

When an era reaches the point where a following WIS season does not exist, those owners will be placed back into the 1905 season, where they will hold an initial draft of 25 rounds, plus the optional 26th round. Additionally, we will treat this as sort of an expansion draft, seeing is they will be competing against what will likely be more established teams from the other two eras. Therefore, all teams from the two other eras will provide three(3) wis eligible players that will be added to the 1905 player pool. Any of these provided players, if gone undrafted, will be returned to their teams upon conclusion of the draft. The initial/expansion draft will take place prior to the other two era's drafts that season.

Incentives
Admin will provide $50 in gift certificates for each five years that a league is in operation. The only catch is that half of the original members of the league must be in the league after five years. For the next bonus after ten seasons, half of the members from season 6 must still be in the league. We will award $10 to each season's league champ with the proceeds...

When you sign up, you may choose the AL with the DH, or the traditional NL with no DH. All games in AL parks will use the DH, including interleague play and postseason. 4 teams from each era will be in each league, so we will have a division from each era in each league.

No salary cap
6/2 AAA, below avg ability, you pick them yourself...
DH used in AL only- which means all games in AL parks will use the DH, regular season and playoffs
No Waiver Wire available
Injuries ON

National League

1. Markeking
1. Dino27

American League

1. Papabilly
2. Dilligafdbp
1. Firecapt

I will take the 24th spot.
5/8/2016 8:21 PM (edited)
papabilly AL
5/5/2016 8:26 PM
Welcome, Bill.

I'm still putting this together. I will keep you posted as this progresses.
5/5/2016 8:32 PM
The one thing I am working on is how to roll over once an era reaches the end of available seasons...will likely return to 1905. Perhaps I add an expansion type draft, where the other two eras make a few players available(unprotected). These players would be added to the player pool. Any of those players that go undrafted would be returned to their team...I will finalize this shortly. Is something way down the road.
5/5/2016 9:38 PM
Posted by papabilly on 5/5/2016 8:26:00 PM (view original):
papabilly AL
1905, via sitemail
5/5/2016 11:52 PM
I'll join Doc. I'll take an NL team in the 1905 division.
5/6/2016 12:00 AM
Welcome
5/6/2016 12:14 AM
AL - 1905
5/6/2016 9:21 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Welcome to you both.

5 are signed up in the first day...
5/6/2016 5:27 PM
I'm surprised no one has jumped into the other 2 eras. The 1940's era also gets to use the current or proceeding season up to and including 1960. The modern era(1975) has a much bigger player pool, and only 8 teams drafting from it. You will have several rounds to pick some excellent talent. .
5/6/2016 5:31 PM
Over the weekend I will post the available players in the 3 eras.
5/6/2016 5:34 PM
Posted by dino27 on 5/6/2016 5:38:00 PM (view original):
is the 40s first draft 1939-1940..also what happens in the war years.
Good question, and pardon my lack of clarity.

The 1905 era teams will draft from the 1905 available player list, and may use either a 1904 or 1905 season.

The 1940 era teams will draft from the 1940 available player list, and may use either a 1939 or 1940 season.

1975 teams do not get the option. They draft 1975 players, and must use 1975 versions only.

I will make the rule that for 1905 and 1940 drafts, a player drafted does NOT have to have a WIS eligible 1905 or 1940 season. Meaning you can draft a 1904 or 1939 player. So for the early and mid era teams, when you draft each season, you have both the current or proceeding season to draft from.
For example, in a 1950 draft, you could draft a 1949 player that is a rookie, went undrafted 1949, or a 1949 player that was cut when 1950 rosters were posted.
The war years will not see any change. Each season we advance to the next season's available players, and the early(1905) and mid era(1940) get the option to use current or proceeding season. The mid era teams will likely have several players on IR, but they still have 16 teams to draft from. I believe the talent pool will be deep enough. Draft wisely is the best advice I can give.
5/6/2016 6:08 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
The Triple Lindy- a new 3 era progressive-6 are in Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.