Season 108 DII Blog Topic

Awesome work as always icki. GL to all this season!
5/17/2016 10:50 PM
All the conferences are officially up! Just in the nick of time before kickoff. GL on the season all! I'll say now that the game of the day for day 1 will be ESUP vs. Virginia State but I'm gonna wait until tomorrow morning to break it down. I'm beat for now. I'll give my take without looking at the halftime results first. Hope this season is as exciting as last year's!
5/18/2016 1:01 AM
Game of the day: Day 1

ESUP vs. Virginia State
This is a very interesting one to start the year off. Virginia State's defense has come a long way from just a year ago. They're still not a strong unit but they'll be able to start being a little more consistent at least. ESUP has a solid defense but their weakest area is their secondary, which isn't good when going up against an all shotgun offense. I like this one to come down to the wire but eventually tip in ESUP's favor due to their RBs and the ability to put together sustaining drives more frequently.
5/18/2016 11:03 AM
You have done a tremendous job icki. Keep up the good work. I have got so many activities going on now I don't think I have the time to contribute plus I no longer have much interest in this game. I think WIS has so weighted the squads that in certain situations there is no chance. Just my opinon.
5/18/2016 3:10 PM
Thanks, ranger. Feel free to jump back in any time if you can or want to. I hope the game can become fun and exciting again for you.
5/18/2016 10:26 PM
ESUP vs. Virginia State turned out to be an epic finish after an atrocious start for ESUP. They had three turnovers in the first quarter, all within several minutes of each other and were down 31-0 before you knew it. Down 31-7 at half, things looked grim. But a steady offensive flow mixed with some three and out stops and they were suddenly back in it. Another turnover in the 4th made it look like it was almost over, but they then again overcame a 14 point deficit to tie it up and send it to O.T. It took three overtimes for Virginia State to finally put an end to it, with a final score of 56-48. A tough loss for badaxe after getting his hopes up and a big 'phew' for pistol as he barely manages to hang on.

Game of the day: Day 2

Miles vs. California (PA)
A rematch from last year that had California come out on top that started their hot streak and helped them finish with a 12-1 regular season. Miles had a very weird game yesterday against SBS. Of all the strengths of Miles' current team, it has to be their offense and ability to score points against even some of the better defenses in the league. SBS does not have one of those defenses, so when I saw a halftime score of 10-0 in favor of SBS, I was confusedly shocked. And then the 2nd half went all Miles and by game's end it turned into a route, 45-10 in favor of Miles. So I don't quite know what happened but I'd expect Miles to come out in this game with a little more firepower. That being said, I like California's chances in this one and maybe just a tad more than Miles'. It could be a very close one. However, if there was a team that could end up winning in a blow out, I'd pick Miles, even though I'd pick California to win this one the majority of the time. Let's hope for another exciting game.

Other games to keep an eye on would be SEO vs. Virginia State. We'll see if pistol has another first half performance like today's in him. Also a game that could come down to the very end. I like SEO a little better but if pistol's squad is on the way they were to start the game against ESUP, watch out.
5/18/2016 10:39 PM
Thanks Icki and Ranger. This is like reading the sports pages re my fave teams.
5/19/2016 12:57 PM
Posted by mojolad on 5/19/2016 12:57:00 PM (view original):
Thanks Icki and Ranger. This is like reading the sports pages re my fave teams.
+1000
5/19/2016 6:12 PM
+10000
5/19/2016 10:50 PM
Miles vs. California recap
Miles got off to a big halftime lead 23-3, which was really just California never being able to get much going and Miles being consistent on offense. Nothing special or exciting. The second half was a little more even but California needed to do a lot more than even. Final score: 37-21 Miles. Husker gets his revenge from the loss they suffered last year at the hands of metcalf.

Day 3 game of the day

Indianapolis vs. Stonehill
This could be a very close one as both of these teams are ranked right next to each other in the GUESS reports. I think it will ultimately come down to which team can exploit the other team's defensive weaknesses better. Stonehill has the weaker secondary but a good front seven, where as Indianapolis has the better secondary and a weaker front seven. If Indianapolis can strike first and keep it steady, I think it will favor them. Stonehill will be looking for a quieter, lower scoring game. I think Indianapolis has just a slight edge but wouldn't be surprised how this one turns out either way.

Other games to keep your eye on include Kutztown vs. Abilene Christian and SDSU vs. Ferris State. I like SDSU by a fair margin and ACU to win in a squeaker.
5/19/2016 10:53 PM
Sorry about being MIA the last couple of days. I've mainly been spending a lot of time with the wife as she's had some surprise days off. I'd say one of the biggest standouts is that Virginia State is 4-0 and leading Millersville 35-17 at the half. If they go on to win that game then they will have beaten three teams with GUESS rankings between 9-13, while they are at 16 themselves. That would be pretty impressive. In the two games against Sims, they've scored over 100 points in both games, so the offense is clicking on all cylinders and will be very tough to stop for anyone.

The game of the day for day 5 surely would have been Quincy vs. Indiana (PA). Right now, Quincy has a 20-10 edge while having a very solid half on both sides of the ball. Watching the WIScast, it seemed like it could have been an even wider margin, so Indiana should be happy to only be down 10. Another good game currently is Mansfield vs. Valdosta State. Valdosta is trying to reclaim their identity from a couple seasons ago as the potential dominant team that they can be. The score is Mansfield 27, Valdosta State 21.

GL to all and hopefully I'll be able to be more attentive the next few days.
5/22/2016 12:23 PM
Quincy was able to hang on against Indiana while not even scoring a point in the 2nd half. A very impressive defensive battle! I have no idea how, but Quincy managed to sack Indiana's QBs an astonishing 9 times! That is quite insane if you take a look at the talent on Indiana's O-Line. 20-16 was the final and that might be one of the best games all year. I can't help but feel a little SIAC pride.

Game of the day: Day 6

ESUP vs. Indiana (PA)
Both of these teams could have come into this game with 5-0 records but instead they've lost three games between the two of them. All of them close calls and all of them could have gone either way but this makes this one all that much more important. Indiana should be able to have their way with ESUP without too much trouble because badaxe's ESUP team last year was definitely the better of the two (at least I think so). This team isn't bad but when going up against Indiana -- the same team you got blown out against the last time you played them in last year's playoffs -- you're going to run into some real problems on both sides of the ball. I expect a few scores to decide this but I wouldn't count out ESUP by any means. Badaxe is a solid coach and they've been known to play Indiana very hard at times in the past.

5/22/2016 11:15 PM
I was amazed that Indiana PA (Lyonzfan) lost to anyone . Great job by Brygold !
5/23/2016 2:07 AM
Is this the only division in Warner that has a running blog like this?
5/24/2016 11:00 AM
I believe there is still a one in 1AA .
5/24/2016 4:09 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Season 108 DII Blog Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.