what does (can) a commish do in a private world Topic

debating offering myself to take over for departing commish in one of my worlds. private, with minimum win totals & max cap on prospect cash (30 mil) a lot of long term owners, but we seem to struggle to fill voids timely. what can a guy do to get/keep owners?
5/7/2016 9:44 AM
A world pretty much sells itself. Commish just needs to enforce the rules and start a classified ad before rollover.
5/7/2016 10:42 AM
Screen potential new incoming owners. Look for things like owners who have a series of "one and done" seasons in worlds. Avoid them. Instead, look for owners who tend to stay for extended stretches in worlds.

Owner retention leads to stability and low turnover. Low turnover leads to quicker rollovers to new seasons. And than can be a BIG selling point down the road.

Anything that makes your world look attractive will make it desirable to join.
5/7/2016 4:52 PM
appears as if i will be taking over as commish for Mike Trout, thanks for the advice guys
5/9/2016 2:16 PM
question - if we have an owner who has failed in yrs 2 & 3 to make anything close to the MWR but is reserved for next yr, how do i remove him?
5/9/2016 11:58 PM
Contact support and clearly lay out where he broke the league rules. They can remove him from the league/prevent him from rejoining.
5/10/2016 4:59 AM
Be adamant. Otherwise, CS won't do it. They do not like to remove owners.
5/10/2016 7:27 AM
i informed the owner we would not want him/her back in trade chat. haven't heard back yet from him/her about it yet. we are at Game 1 of WS so i have a little time but hopefully they will honor the rules & remove themselves before it has to go to that step. - thanks
5/10/2016 9:48 AM
Leicester City was a better bet than expecting a tanker to willingly leave. As noted above, go through support. The world rules have to be clear and as Mike said CS will resist. They once asked me whether I'd persuade the tanker to voluntarily leave by offering him a free team. I asked why I'd spend $25 for the privilege of earning $5 by enforcing the rules. They removed him, but it took several days.
5/10/2016 10:15 AM
i sent in a ticket and hopefully clearly stated our case. the rules we have, have been in place since day1 and everyone's aware of it. the owner in question has taken a team that in its previous 14 seasons never had a winning percentage below .462 and that was with a one & done owner in season 4. the preceding 8 seasons the team never was below .480 at majors - then the owner in question went 65-54-54 wins & is claiming that it had to be done due to what a dumpster fire the organization was.
5/10/2016 10:46 AM
FYI update, the owner in question has had their reservation star removed for next season & WIS Admin has responded to me to let them know if he somehow remains following rollover, so i assume they did the removing. So apparently issue resolved. So we are looking at 3 definite openings as of today (Game 1 of WS). Hopefully we can get some replacements on board. Should i begin advertising now ahead of an actual fully known turnover?
5/10/2016 12:26 PM
I start advertising at the end of the regular season / beginning of the playoffs. That gives me two full weeks to start recruiting before rollover actually occurs.

Your goal should be to have all your new owners lined up to take over for departing owners when rollover occurs. Not always possible, but that's what you should strive for.

As I stated earlier in this thread, quick rollovers are an attractive feature of a world, and over time will help attract good owners who want to stay.
5/10/2016 12:36 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/10/2016 12:36:00 PM (view original):
I start advertising at the end of the regular season / beginning of the playoffs. That gives me two full weeks to start recruiting before rollover actually occurs.

Your goal should be to have all your new owners lined up to take over for departing owners when rollover occurs. Not always possible, but that's what you should strive for.

As I stated earlier in this thread, quick rollovers are an attractive feature of a world, and over time will help attract good owners who want to stay.
thanks i will get on it
5/10/2016 12:45 PM
He probably removed his reservation by himself.

I normally start advertising before the regular season ends. You can estimate rollover date from that actual start date. If your WS is starting, you'll roll on 5/15-16.
5/10/2016 2:20 PM
okay thanks a lot for the help guys i appreciate it. got a classified up "Mike Trout Season 18" if anyone is interested. Thanks again
5/10/2016 8:29 PM
12 Next ▸
what does (can) a commish do in a private world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.