what does (can) a commish do in a private world Topic

welp....so far not a single interested party.... im offering $5 out of pocket to any owner who is .400% by draft day. any other tips i can do to attract or is it just be patient?
5/20/2016 7:25 PM
Posted by esf0242 on 5/20/2016 7:25:00 PM (view original):
welp....so far not a single interested party.... im offering $5 out of pocket to any owner who is .400% by draft day. any other tips i can do to attract or is it just be patient?
Take this for what it's worth . . . if I saw a world advertising cash rewards for minimal competitiveness (.400 by game 60), that would be screaming "TARD WORLD" very loudly and I would avoid it like the plague.

You want to attract owners who are interested in a quality world, not owners who are looking to get quick and easy cash.
5/20/2016 8:24 PM
Do incentives work at all? One of my worlds offered a big incentive and we still sat waiting for three months.

5/20/2016 8:32 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/20/2016 8:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by esf0242 on 5/20/2016 7:25:00 PM (view original):
Take this for what it's worth . . . if I saw a world advertising cash rewards for minimal competitiveness (.400 by game 60), that would be screaming "TARD WORLD" very loudly and I would avoid it like the plague.

You want to attract owners who are interested in a quality world, not owners who are looking to get quick and easy cash.
i see what your saying. i thought it an easily achievable goal & one that would be in line with our intended anti-tanking position but the view you are suggesting...i can see that
5/20/2016 9:27 PM
i adjusted our classified, hopefully we don't come of as "tard" lol....60 win total period at any time ever, 35 max prospect budget 35 mil min payroll budget & i will give $10 to a 450% (27 wins) by 60 /draft day...better or worse? lol
5/21/2016 5:27 PM
In my opinion . . . worse.

Offering cash "prizes" just seems like such a bad, bad idea.
5/22/2016 3:18 PM
ok, im convinced. we have eliminated the GC's as incentive & probably saved myself $80 in the process.
5/23/2016 8:44 AM
They're not the worst thing in the world as you're starting from scratch as a new commish so you have to find a way to bring in owners. However, mid-season payouts seems like a horrible idea. Ideally, you want to get owners in and show them it's a good world so they'll stay. You don't want them to stay because some payout is on the horizon. If you feel like you need the GC to draw owners in, pay it out at season's end. A guy could be .450 at game 60, get his money, hate the world and abandon the team. At least, if a guy wants his payout but hates the world, he'll stick til the end.
5/23/2016 9:11 AM
true, good point Mike T23....exploring options & asked WIS about what a potential merger would entail. anyone have experience with that?
5/23/2016 9:24 AM
◂ Prev 12
what does (can) a commish do in a private world Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.