Changing positions--minor leagues Topic

New to the game but it looks very involved and fun. Hope I don't bore you guys by asking newbie questions that
I cannot find an answer to in my readings:

I noticed that some\many major league players have multiple positions listed they can play.
Minor league players seem to have only 1 position listed.
At some of the lower levels I have an abundance of SS only players and hardly anybody capable of playing CF
Can I just stick a SS with decent range and speed ratings out in CF without a heavy penalty? Is that how players
get multiple positions listed?
For example I have a 22 yr old SS in AA with a 78 range, 77 glove, 84 arm strength, 70 arm accuracy but only a 32 speed rating.
Is he capable of playing CF?
5/8/2016 10:03 AM
From the "Edit Roster" screen, click the player's position. You'll open up a new menu where you can view fielding rating recs and change/add player positions.

Speed does not affect range.
5/8/2016 10:21 AM
On the "Edit Rosters" page, you can click on the position next to the player's name. You'll get a pop-up dialog that allows you to set the player's primary and secondary positions. Click on the "Show recs (proj)" button and you'll see the recommended primary and secondary positions. Accept the recs and save.

Feel free to play your minor leaguers at any position recommended as primary (best) or secondary (ok).

Also, speed rating has nothing to do with defense, that's only for base running. Range is the primary defensive attribute to be concerned about.
5/8/2016 10:26 AM
Thanks! There are sure a LOT of things to learn in this game lol.
5/8/2016 11:34 AM
Ask questions and remember that nothing has to be done "RIGHT NOW!!!"

If you're not sure, don't do it.
5/8/2016 11:53 AM
Changing positions--minor leagues Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.