Quick Question Topic

In 24 team wis leagues with one wild card team in each league, does the wild card team always play the team with the best record, even when in the same division?
5/8/2016 10:57 AM
Posted by gbakker on 5/8/2016 10:57:00 AM (view original):
In 24 team wis leagues with one wild card team in each league, does the wild card team always play the team with the best record, even when in the same division?
I don't think so. I think it follows the old, pre-2nd WC, MLB rules, of avoiding that.
5/8/2016 10:58 AM
Sub-Category
#10 Playoffs Q. How is home-field advantage decided for the SimLeague Championship?
A. Teams are seeded for the playoffs, 1-4, for their respective league. The team with the highest winning percentage in its league earns the #1 seed. The wildcard always received the #4 seed. Home-field advantage for the League Championship is given to the team with the higher seed. In the event of even seeds, the team with the higher regular season winning percentage receives home-field advantage. If this is even, too, then the team with the fewest playoff losses earns it. Otherwize, a coin flip decides.
5/8/2016 11:00 AM
No, I am currently in a league where the wildcard is playing the second best record because the best record is in the same division.
5/8/2016 11:02 AM
Thanks
5/8/2016 10:22 PM
Quick Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.