Scouts Topic

So I've been watching some College baseball this weekend and I've noticed that scouts seems to disappear after the SP they came to see is taken out. I sort of think that's bullshit. "Randy Johnson playing catch with his kids at a ST game on an adjacent field after his day was done but the game was still being played" bullshit.

You're on the clock, fucknobs. Grab a soda and a hot dog then watch the rest of the game. You might discover something. Hell, Amy Adams found a pitcher dealing popcorn at the local HS games by LISTENING to him play catch. Lazy *****. No wonder statnerds are taking your jobs.
5/8/2016 6:03 PM
Someone swallowed the retard pill today.
5/8/2016 6:09 PM
Just saying that staying for the full game can't hurt. It's 3ish hours. Put in the time or let Moneyball ***** have your job.
5/8/2016 6:20 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Most tools scouting is done via film these days....in seat scouting is more for intangibles/interactions/reactions.

You don't need 9 to see what you need to see.
5/8/2016 7:27 PM
Posted by edsortails on 5/8/2016 7:27:00 PM (view original):
Most tools scouting is done via film these days....in seat scouting is more for intangibles/interactions/reactions.

You don't need 9 to see what you need to see.
That was what I was gonna say. There's SO MUCH material out there now that hardly any 'under the radar' guys anymore. Usually those guys show up, watch whatever prospects they're there for and are off to travel to the next game.
5/8/2016 7:34 PM
College baseball has very few Monday games. I forget which game it was but three guys were behind the plate with radar guns. I can only assume the pitcher(a 2nd rounder who came back for his senior season) has had plenty a gun reads.

So, if the scouts weren't off to the non-existent Monday games and the SENIOR pitcher has been clocked many times before, WTF did those three guys have to do A) at the game B) after he was pulled?
5/8/2016 7:39 PM
Maybe if they had already seen several games this weekend and had been traveling the last few days they wanted to go home. Or maybe they wanted to visit their favorite hooker in town. Or score some tar. Who knows. Still don't see why they might have been considered lazy if they saw and reported on who they needed to see. It's not 1935. It's 2016.
5/8/2016 9:11 PM
All I need to know about to evaluate a player is his WAR. Everything else is irrelevant.
5/8/2016 9:19 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/8/2016 9:19:00 PM (view original):
All I need to know about to evaluate a player is his WAR. Everything else is irrelevant.
Speaking of which, where is BL?
5/8/2016 9:32 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 5/8/2016 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/8/2016 9:19:00 PM (view original):
Speaking of which, where is BL?
We can rule out watching baseball.
5/9/2016 6:04 AM
Posted by sjpoker on 5/8/2016 9:11:00 PM (view original):
Maybe if they had already seen several games this weekend and had been traveling the last few days they wanted to go home. Or maybe they wanted to visit their favorite hooker in town. Or score some tar. Who knows. Still don't see why they might have been considered lazy if they saw and reported on who they needed to see. It's not 1935. It's 2016.
Maybe statnerds will take their jobs because their employer says "Huh? I didn't realize our scouts leave after 5 innings."
5/9/2016 7:08 AM
Maybe Marge Schott has it right when she wanted to fire all of her scouts because "All they do is sit around and watch ball games".
5/9/2016 7:47 AM
Well, the three guys I saw don't do that. They watch parts of ball games. Then leave because they "want to go home".
5/9/2016 8:08 AM
Maybe that was their assignment. "Watch X until he comes out, then leave."
5/9/2016 9:31 AM
12345 Next ▸
Scouts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.