Scouts Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 5/10/2016 9:00:00 AM (view original):
My guess he's busy as **** from Feb-Oct. I also guess that another hour at the ballpark would not have disrupted his plans for the next day. Especially if he's just covering college players(8 D1 games on Monday). I'm not even sure HS ball is still playing. So, unless he was off to scout a BL team, he had Monday off or, at the very least, it was a travel day.
HS ball goes for another couple of weeks in Connecticut. I assume in other areas of the country as well.
5/10/2016 9:21 AM
OK, they came to see Kyle Cody. Philly selected him in the 33rd round in 2012. Minny selected him in the 2nd last year. My guess is teams have seen plenty from him. My guess he's been clocked many, many times since his Jr/Sr season in HS. My guess is his 1st, 50th and 75th pitch speeds have been compared many times. He labored on Sunday and might have completed the 5th. Then the scouts left.

Seems like a ****-poor use of resources. I doubt they had flights booked that close to game time. What if he pitched 9? Would they have left because they needed to get to Picastaway, NJ to watch Johnny Highschool pitch at 6 PM on Monday?

Again, it's just amazing to me that scouts leave games like Dodger fans who have a dinner reservation at 7.
5/10/2016 9:56 AM
One night stand Mike.....stay and cuddle until morning or grab your coat when you're done?
5/10/2016 10:10 AM
Head of Scouting: "So how did Cody look?"
Lazy *** Scout: "He struggled but pitched out of the jams. Only went 5 but threw 102 pitches. I've got all the data and report right here. Will be in your email box in a matter of moments."
HoS: "I heard some really tall thin kid pitched 4 innings to close out the game. What did you think of him?"
LaS: "Oh, I left after Cody was pulled. I imagine I was chugging beers from the bar or getting blown by a hooker when he was pitching."
HoS: "Good man. Don't waste time on watching baseball players when the club will pay for your beer and blowjobs."
5/10/2016 1:18 PM
Head of scouting: How did Cody look?

Scout: (scouting report)

HOS: How did that high school kid in St Louis look?

Scout: oh, uh, I don't know, I missed my flight because I stayed to watch the rest of the UK/SC game.

HOS: What?!?

Scout: Yeah...but I saw this freshman pitch an okay 4 innings for UK. He might be interesting in 2 years.

HOS: You're fired, get the **** out.

Scout: but...but...you don't understand...there's this dumbass redneck over in South Carolina. He says he owns a trucking company but all he does is complain about stupid **** on the internet. He was saying that scouting is dying and I need to provide value by watching some players we aren't interested in scouting in case I discover someone...you know, like in those cheesy Disney movies.

HOS: That moron doesn't know what he's talking about. He probably thinks the federal government could erase the spending deficit by issuing more bonds. You shouldn't have listened to that stupid ****.
5/10/2016 1:40 PM
KENNY LOFTON!!!
5/10/2016 3:21 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/10/2016 3:21:00 PM (view original):
KENNY LOFTON!!!
Is criminally underrated.
5/10/2016 3:28 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I have no idea what slice of dumbassery is behind "You are blocking the author of this post, bad_luck" but I'm assuming it's "There is no real way to evaluate college players because they do not use WAR."
5/10/2016 4:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/10/2016 4:59:00 PM (view original):
I have no idea what slice of dumbassery is behind "You are blocking the author of this post, bad_luck" but I'm assuming it's "There is no real way to evaluate college players because they do not use WAR."
Nope.
5/10/2016 5:04 PM
◂ Prev 12345
Scouts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.