Rule V Leg #52 Draft Thread Topic

While we wait, if any of you are HBD players, I've got a few openings in my Negro League world for our upcoming season. Detailed thread in the HBD classifieds. jose was in our world until his recent absence from the site. Drop me a note if you have any questions...any owners in this theme would be more than welcome.
5/23/2016 9:04 AM
I have again sent my proxy for the third round to the commish and the three people following me in this round. I am driving across country and will not be able to check repeatedly over the day. Thanks in advance for the help.
5/23/2016 10:27 AM
Hey all, thought I would chime in, seeing as how in the past I was a source of delay on more than a couple of occasions. As for the weekend untimed draft, I don't mind it at all - I do agree that the draft stages are the best part of this league, however, for people with weekends barely free to just sit & wait to draft, it becomes bothersome if we WERE timed, and people would get skipped. That doesn't make the draft or league fair - as Sin mentioned, I do coach, pretty much everyday of the week, and there are times I am away from my phone for hours on end over the weekend due to other coaching commitments (my son, my high school & another team I coach). I like the fact that the weekend can be a bit lax, it makes the competitive balance the way it should be. If you do a timed schedule on a weekend, I would definitely try to get my pick in or even proxy, but for some to say that this league / draft should take priority, is just nonsensical. Life is life, and it's more than a fantasy type league. I'm not calling anyone out, but this is exactly what it should be, fun, leisure, & good banter throughout the whole process.
5/23/2016 11:36 AM
I never meant to imply that this is more important than real life stuff. I simply wanted to point out the obvious... which mussopini also stated...

"If you do a timed schedule on a weekend, I would definitely try to get my pick in or even proxy".

That's all I'm saying. Even if you spread out the remaining picks over the entire weekend (a pick every 2-3 hours), people who still had picks to make would surely spend the 5 minutes it takes to send a proxy to somebody. Or at the very minimum go online late at night or early in the morning and make a pick.

I don't think that's asking all that much. 5 minutes.
5/23/2016 12:15 PM
Posted by schwarze on 5/23/2016 12:15:00 PM (view original):
I never meant to imply that this is more important than real life stuff. I simply wanted to point out the obvious... which mussopini also stated...

"If you do a timed schedule on a weekend, I would definitely try to get my pick in or even proxy".

That's all I'm saying. Even if you spread out the remaining picks over the entire weekend (a pick every 2-3 hours), people who still had picks to make would surely spend the 5 minutes it takes to send a proxy to somebody. Or at the very minimum go online late at night or early in the morning and make a pick.

I don't think that's asking all that much. 5 minutes.
In that case I can totally agree with that - it really doesn't take much at all to send in a few proxy picks if you are not going to be able to get on for the draft & that's COMING FROM ME!! hehe. BUT, I would still ask that nobody gets skipped, that could totally mess up someones team, especially if they end up being the last person to get a pick in.
5/23/2016 12:51 PM
well coach still hasn't opened the sitemail I sent him over a day ago. Hope he's ok
5/23/2016 2:05 PM
Realistically you need an actual computer and more than 5 minutes to make picks at least some of them time given the depth of the player pool. I don't mind the relaxed schedule, and I think our overall record of a more or less uninterrupted league with extremely high retention means we're doing something right - this is literally the only SLB league I still regularly play, outside of the occasional private league with friends. But then again I am sometimes one of the slackers too.
5/23/2016 3:51 PM
I'll assume we will be waiting to see if Coach is ok, & still gonna draft?
5/23/2016 4:55 PM
I might mind the untimed weekend schedules more if not for the fact that the way this league's draft schedule plays out at this point is pretty much a universal constant. Everyone here knows that the weekends will grind to a halt and can plan accordingly. Even with that in consideration we still get through the draft phase pretty damn quickly. Given the group of owners I don't doubt that if we did timed weekends that people would appropriately proxy and such, but I've actually kind of grown to like having the untimed weekends, even when it puts a pick of mine on hold. I already know going in that it's part of how this league operates and I accept that.
5/23/2016 5:26 PM
I'm logging off for the day, and it's our timeslot. Can't tell if we are waiting or not, but we are just gonna pick and if we end up waiting till tomorrow and someone takes ours, so be it.

Bernie Williams, NYY
5/23/2016 5:58 PM
There's some good players out there but I have one gaping need

Yadier Molina, StL
5/23/2016 7:32 PM
Posted by rbow923 on 5/23/2016 7:32:00 PM (view original):
There's some good players out there but I have one gaping need

Yadier Molina, StL
Cardinals off the board.
5/23/2016 7:57 PM
I thought we made pretty excellent progress over an untimed weekend...
5/23/2016 8:33 PM
If I haven't stated it explicitly, go ahead and make your picks if it's at (or after) your time slot.
5/23/2016 9:09 PM
Posted by mussopini23 on 5/23/2016 4:55:00 PM (view original):
I'll assume we will be waiting to see if Coach is ok, & still gonna draft?
No, we're not waiting. Proceed.
5/23/2016 9:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17 Next ▸
Rule V Leg #52 Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.