Can't select recruits to watch for next cycle Topic

Heisman world. I try to check a recruit and nothing happens. I'm only watching about 40 recruits so far, so it can't be that I've filled up my list. I went to another world and had no trouble checking a recruit to watch. Any ideas? I'll also post in Heisman forum.

By the way, recruiting starts tomorrow. If I can't select then, I would assume I can make a phone call to get them on my list, but it's still a bit of an aggravation.
5/11/2016 11:07 AM (edited)
I'm not sure. I'm in Heisman, and if I click on the check box for a recruit, he's added to my watch list like normal. Are you using a PC, phone, or tablet?
5/11/2016 11:09 AM
huh, now I'm stressed. I'm on my MacPro computer. Odd that it would work in other worlds and not in Heisman for me, yet it works for you. I'm in I-AA. What level are you in bjschumacher? Maybe it's a I-AA problem? My other two teams are both D-II.

Something else I probably should have mentioned beside being I-AA. I've also tried to click on players farther down the list in case there was a visibility issue somehow. Even players that are 50th or so on the list can't be added.
5/11/2016 11:18 AM (edited)
I'm in D1A. I don't see why it would be an issue only in D1AA. Makes no sense.
5/11/2016 11:20 AM
The only think I can think of is that it thinks you are watching a lot more than 40 recruits. Did you have a lot more on your watch list in the recent past?
5/11/2016 11:24 AM
At one point I had probably 60-65 on the list. I eliminated all the lower categories to see if that was the issue. But at I-AA I should be able to go over 100, right? Right now I have 41 on the list. I do think you're on to something there, but I hadn't put much time into developing this list yet, so it wasn't very big. I was going to start today, lol.

For the fun of it, I even searched D-II just now to see if I could mark one of those. No go. Then I tried D-I. No go. I can look at every thing else related to recruits so I suspect it will be okay tomorrow. If not, these 41 will have to be it. Hopefully I will be able to actually recruit.
5/11/2016 11:30 AM
I think I might try eliminating the list entirely. Perhaps if I start over, it will work again. If not, I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow. Gotta get a haircut now, so I'll ponder whether this is a foolish thing to do. Although that has rarely stopped me in any of life's endeavors.
5/11/2016 11:32 AM
I've had this problem before in different worlds. Usually clears itself up eventually.
5/11/2016 11:33 AM
In D1A you can watch up to 150. I don't know if it's same limit at all levels.

In the past if you added a lot of recruits and then removed some, their system didn't recognize that you got rid of some, and still thought you were watching all of them. Now on PC, that's fixed so you can remove some and it will recognize that. Maybe that's not fixed on Apple, though? I don't know. Maybe try clearing your cache?
5/11/2016 11:34 AM
Rats. Thought clearing the cache had potential. Didn't work. What's interesting is that clicking on the check box for the player doesn't seem to do anything at all now. Before, you would click on it and the page would 'reset' so to speak, but the box wouldn't actually check. Now when you click on the box, there's no reaction at all, as if the page is dead. I can still select players in the other worlds, but this one is still dead.

I appreciate the advice. I'll wait for tomorrow and hope the recruiting goes as it should.
5/11/2016 12:55 PM
I eliminated the entire list and still can't do anything. Since I have 24 hours for the first day of recruiting, it will be no problem to put together another list, as long as the actual recruiting works. Thanks again for all the feedback guys.
5/11/2016 12:59 PM
I wouldn't assume that it will be fixed tomorrow. I would try to send in a ticket and see if they respond.
5/11/2016 1:08 PM
Can you go through a recruit's profile to watch him still?
5/11/2016 1:42 PM
Posted by caesari on 5/11/2016 1:42:00 PM (view original):
Can you go through a recruit's profile to watch him still?
When I had the issue I could go though his profile but if I hit the Recruit button there was no add to watch list choice. I also don't think it was every recruit that was having the issue it was only certain ones.
5/11/2016 1:57 PM
caesari, yes I could go through the profile. I figured would be no problem when recruiting started.

I did what schumacher suggested and submitted a ticket. When I came back from my haircut, I signed back in to game, and every player I had ever LOOKED at appeared to be on my list! 180 players, lol! I have culled a lot of the unwanted and now have the LB's I want on my list.

Thanks again for all the feedback. Always appreciate the great support from members!
5/11/2016 2:32 PM
Can't select recruits to watch for next cycle Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.