MWR or Anti Tanking Rules Topic

I would like to see an option added where the Commissioner can set the leagues draft order. ie- I believe reversing the bottom 5 picks in the draft making it 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 27, 26, 25... would help a lot to prevent tanking over the current 32, 31, 30, 29.... draft pick order. Other people have opinions on this idea?
5/11/2016 7:31 PM
Well I know what you're saying, but what if you have a corrupt commish?

5/11/2016 8:19 PM
It would happen at the start of the year for the next years bid and be open for all to see or even need a vote of approval?
5/12/2016 9:34 AM
Leaves too much subjectivity. 60 win team owned by nice guy = "he was trying hard to win. Give him #1 pick." 60 win team owned by world chat jerk = "he was obviously tanking. Give him the #5 pick." Doesn't matter if it's the commish or the world.

I've floated reversing all non-playoff teams. That gives the worst record 20th pick and the guy who just missed the playoffs the 1st pick. Wasn't very popular.
5/12/2016 9:39 AM
I've had more commissioners who would have been a disaster with this power than would have done well.

Good commissioners have enough to do. I don't like the idea of making the job more of a time commitment.

Weighted lottery ranking would accomplish the same thing.

It seems that changes make to scouting and drafting might may have made #1 draft pick less valuable than it used to be.
5/13/2016 4:18 PM
I do agree that the changes helped and were good. With the lack of honor in the world today I just hate seeing rules that reward losing with no monetary loss at the boxoffice and other places.
5/13/2016 10:54 PM
As a new owner I tell you if those rules were instituted than I for one would never have taken the crappy teams I took to start all of this. Its already bad enough that most leagues have repeat winners year after year and then you never allow a bad franchise to get better. Who would pay money to do that. You guys would lose a lot of people playing this game. Its hard enough getting out of the basement. I know because I am coming off first season taking the worst team in the league and finish with two less wins than last year. And I didn't tank. And I didn't finish last overall either.

Team was garbage. Not only that but had a payroll not in line with a team with depleted talent. Several overpriced veterans that I can't trade. Some I did trade to lower payroll at beginning of year. With 5 or 6 FA's and about 7-9 arbitration eligible along with that. A lot of them I couldn't sign because I couldn't afford or they weren't worth the contract for a average to below average player. I didn't have to payroll after signing my own few decent guys that I couldn't bid on any good FA at the start of my new franchise. So I made choice to cut as much dead weight as I could to lower payroll so after first season I can go after a few FA's in the next off season. So should I be punished for doing what needed to be done because the team was mismanaged with bad contracts and having your franchise have that many guys go arbitration at same? I don't think so. I took a bad team for the challenge. And believe me its devoid of talent. But I do have some good prospects coming, just not close to ready yet. And to top that off the first overall pick wouldn't sign. He thought hockey was better option considering the crap talent I have, I guess.

5/18/2016 8:40 PM
MWR or Anti Tanking Rules Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.