Guy converted top players out of positions Topic

A player dropped his team, but before he did, he converted his top QB to a K, his backup QB to a P, his top WR to OL, his top DL to TE, and his top RB to WR (although he's a senior; don't know what that's about). The tough thing is, the K and P can't be changed to anything but another kicking position, so the QB's are permanently gone. And trying to change the others does so much damage to their ratings, they become totally worthless.

It was the number 2 team in that world's D-III last season, so I suppose he didn't want anybody to 'ride his coattails'. I was only going to run one season to see what the latest D-III design is like, so I don't really care that much, but it still seems like a childish behavior. I was hoping to try a couple odd things to see how D-III handles it. Now it's just 10 bucks down the drain.

Guess I'm just venting, but has anybody seen this, done this? Is this normal behavior?
5/11/2016 8:51 PM
That's BS move. What a *****. Why would you want to ruin the program you built...when I leave a school I try to leave it in the best position for the future coach to win. Most of the time I try to leave with decent sized recruiting class. The worst thing is taking over a school and having like 4*6 schollies. Takes to long to flip the roster.

You're right pretty childish move.
5/11/2016 9:14 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I have mixed feelings . whomever it was paid for his team(whether with cash or Wis Credits; still paid for ) . And though it sucks from our perspective because you, or some other coach could have benefited from the previous owner's good work when they inherited his team, it was his right to do what he wanted to them; he paid for it.
5/12/2016 3:25 AM
Posted by mojolad on 5/12/2016 3:25:00 AM (view original):
I have mixed feelings . whomever it was paid for his team(whether with cash or Wis Credits; still paid for ) . And though it sucks from our perspective because you, or some other coach could have benefited from the previous owner's good work when they inherited his team, it was his right to do what he wanted to them; he paid for it.
It is his right. Still childish and stupid in my opinion. When he took over the team the roster was not gutted like that, the previous coach was the one who put in the dirty work building it from scratch. But that's the way he treats the next coach that takes over that team. It is what it is though. You can't expect people to do the ethical thing, the society we live in.

No one is saying he didn't have the "right" to do so, just that I don't think that is the "right" thing to do. But that was his plan of action, not sure why but hey. Probably upset at wis customer service for something.
5/12/2016 12:46 PM (edited)
Posted by bhazlewood on 5/12/2016 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, I don't buy the "he paid for it, he can do whatever he wants" argument. By trashing the team, he not only puts the next coach to take over at a disadvantage, he potentially affects the outcome of every game that team plays for the next season, at the very least.

It sounds like a jerk move, but I just did a little more checking. All of the players that were converted are seniors, so none of them would be on the roster next season anyway. I guess it's a way of "hiding" their attributes if you don't want someone seeing what kind of players you had in those slots, but it's simple enough to go look at the GUESS reports and find the attribute scores at the start of the season, anyway.
He must think he is the next coming of Cebrake!!! lol where is the laughing face when you need it!!
5/12/2016 1:07 PM
Posted by tampafla on 5/12/2016 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, I don't buy the "he paid for it, he can do whatever he wants" argument. By trashing the team, he not only puts the next coach to take over at a disadvantage, he potentially affects the outcome of every game that team plays for the next season, at the very least.

It sounds like a jerk move, but I just did a little more checking. All of the players that were converted are seniors, so none of them would be on the roster next season anyway. I guess it's a way of "hiding" their attributes if you don't want someone seeing what kind of players you had in those slots, but it's simple enough to go look at the GUESS reports and find the attribute scores at the start of the season, anyway.
He must think he is the next coming of Cebrake!!! lol where is the laughing face when you need it!!
Found it
5/12/2016 3:02 PM
Posted by nyaggie98 on 5/12/2016 3:02:00 PM (view original):

Found it
5/12/2016 3:43 PM

Actually they weren't all seniors. I cut 3 of them as soon as I got the team, including the QB/K and QB/P. Neither was a senior. Only one player was a senior, as I said. If you had looked at the roster count, you would have seen there were only 47 players before recruiting even started.

I got a mail from the guy and it was another family member that did it. And I believe what he said. The mail was detailed enough that it was very believable. Enough said. I had a good recruiting session, should still be fun.
5/23/2016 6:16 PM (edited)
Surprisingly, have made the final 4 without a functioning QB, and only 1 quality RB. I think If I had had those QB's and the top RB I would have a chance to go even farther, but now I face truly top teams. This ended up being a fun season, but I didn't get to practice the offensive scheme I wanted to try. Wanted a different passing game, but QB has thrown 14 Int's even though he only throws in limited situations. Still, only my 2d time to Final Four at any level.
6/12/2016 3:10 PM
Guy converted top players out of positions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.