Will Type A "the team that shows me the money" Topic

Just started another world and setting budgets - I have 3 type A and 2 type B free agents on my team up to resign - they all say "to be honest, I'll sign with the team that shows me the money" - does this mean I will be able to resign them when budgets are set tomorrow? Or will they definitely go to FA? It'll change my budget up quite a bit because I'll end up having tons of draft picks if they all leave.
5/12/2016 1:42 PM
Pretty sure you'll be able to re-sign them if you wish. The ones who go to free agency actually say "I'm filing for free agency no matter what."

5/12/2016 1:57 PM
The messages change from budgeting to re-sign period. Some of those may pop up as "I'm filing for free agency no matter what" during the re-sign period, so there's really no way to know for sure.
5/12/2016 2:37 PM
True. Forgot about that, some do change. Apologies for the oversight.
5/12/2016 2:43 PM
bummer - oh well, gonna have to roll the dice I guess. Thanks for the input
5/12/2016 3:18 PM
Get this info from them the season before they file for FA. You can always find out on their page for re-signing. Add it to their player notes for future reference.
5/12/2016 7:00 PM
Is there any way to tell what players from other franchises are willing to resign or not?
5/12/2016 7:42 PM
This brings up a good point I have a question for, currently have a guy in the last year of his deal that says 'I'll resign. Just make me an offer' but I can't because my future seasons are up against the cap. Once the next season rolls and I can up my budget, is there a good chance he will still resign?
5/12/2016 8:04 PM
@trev - no
@hockey - I don't believe that has any effect. He should still re-sign.
5/12/2016 9:38 PM
To follow up, they all are going to FA "no matter what" - changed their story from budget setting day to resign FA's day
5/13/2016 8:40 AM
I hate when they do that. Completely changed how you would have budgeted...
5/14/2016 8:38 AM
so what about when you offer the max contract (10 + 5x20 = $110 m with a NT to boot even though he didn't ask for it) and you get back a message saying someone has offered him more? curious
5/15/2016 6:04 PM
Better park or pitching coach.
5/15/2016 6:37 PM
thanks Mike, I checked it out. that is certainly possible. It's a hitter, not a pitcher. But there are three better hitter parks in the league than mine and they all have better hitting coaches./

still this is a strange message to get: blah blah blah "we hope to hear from you again with a stronger proposal."

Does it ever go by record - I took over a team that was a perennial loser and just scraped over .500 last year.
5/15/2016 8:24 PM
Supposedly that can be a tie-breaker. Can't say I've seen it come into play.
5/15/2016 8:40 PM
12 Next ▸
Will Type A "the team that shows me the money" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.