Need help stopping the run vs anyone Topic

I run 4-3 and have tired blitzing, not blitzing, lb on the line, lb standing up, i have tried 65% run, all kinds of stuff. This has been for like 10 seasons i have been struggling. My question is is it me recruiting or or there a formula I'n not aware of. Even the cpu hits my for 120 with 1 rb
5/13/2016 9:38 AM
I am an expert at d2 and I have played at every level. But my 1A IQ isn't high.
What I "can" see is that your 4 best DL's are decent at 1A. The other guys are terrible. Forget their total ratings, their tackling and Str are good enough to be pretty good, not great D2 players. And you are only carrying 6 DL's . With a 4-3 I like to carry 8. Ideally, 2 Seniors, 2 Juniors, etc. This to me is the ideal which is almost never practical depending on your situation. Reason I like to stagger it is they lose WE when not getting playing time the higher they are (Senior, Jr. , etc.)
In your case, as soon as your best DL's tire they will replaced by very poor(for 1A) subs. And you will give up rushing yardage. And if you try to make up for that by allowing your starters to get subbed out when they are more tired, then the starters will be less effective and the subs will grow less because of less playing time.
You have to recruit better Interception.
5/13/2016 10:12 AM
I agree with mojo for the most part. Your DL starters look good, but your subs are very weak. And you need 1 or 2 more DLs. I run the 4-3 and go with 7 DL's, which seems to work fine. Your LBs look adequate, but I think you have more than you need. So you could have 2 fewer LBs and 2 more DLs. And put your best DBs at safety.
5/13/2016 10:31 AM
As far as what to do this season, set the fatigue rating for your 4 DL starters at 60. That will keep them in as long as possible. I haven't noticed that this hurts performance at all. Even if it did, you'd still be better off with them on the field fatigued than having your very bad subs in there.
5/13/2016 10:34 AM
Fatigue does affect performance..

..but you also don't have very many options at this point
5/13/2016 10:54 AM (edited)
thanks guys all great points that brings up another question. How do I know which dbs are at safety and corner?
5/13/2016 12:56 PM
I think the AI automatically fills the safeties first. So it goes to safety and picks the two highest players in your safety depth chart. Then it goes to the CB depth chart and picks the two highest players that have not been assigned yet.

But to make sure, go to your depth chart and manually set them all.
5/13/2016 1:14 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Move Edwards Lindsey and Michael Rodrigues to DL it will give you instant depth. I would have to look at your games to see what you do on defense.
5/14/2016 1:09 AM
You don't need the best players. You need good players and a strong gameplan.
5/14/2016 10:52 AM
Posted by tampafla on 5/14/2016 10:52:00 AM (view original):
odd that your teams win more the longer you coach them... i'm guessing you're getting better players, not holding back on your game planning....
5/14/2016 9:33 PM
Posted by ebel331 on 5/14/2016 9:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tampafla on 5/14/2016 10:52:00 AM (view original):
odd that your teams win more the longer you coach them... i'm guessing you're getting better players, not holding back on your game planning....
Accurate observation
5/15/2016 10:57 AM
Need help stopping the run vs anyone Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.