I haven't been through this before despite being a pretty experienced coach, so this must be rare in HD. Anyway, I hope someone can help.

I have an injured starting player on my Col St. team in Crum that has 60 health right now (was at 50 health, seems to be improving by 5 health points per game) He's my top scorer and I would like to get him in ASAP if it's a good idea.

Anyway, he's eligible to play at 60 health, but should he be in the lineup? Is he more likely to have further injury? Will he be less effective? If I shouldn't play him yet, what's a good health number to let him back in the game.

Thanks in advance.

5/15/2016 6:03 PM
1. Probably not.
2.I don't think so.
3. Yes.
4. I try not to play them until the mid to upper 80's.

In baseball, the penalty is minimal over around 93 but is significant in the low 70's/upper 60s. I always just assumed they used a similar model if it wasn't linear.
5/15/2016 6:11 PM
I bet this guy isnt a freshman, but just a note for anyone who looks at this thread and has a freshman to whom promises have been made get hurt.

Once he is at 60, he will expect to play - even though it isnt wise to play him till he gets to around 80 ish (unless he is like 50% better than the sub

You can have a guy who is hurt get annoyed about promises
5/16/2016 3:48 PM
If you have them at resting, then their ratings will fall, and pretty fast. So I put my players back in at 75% and move their distro down for a few games, and sometimes, if they were a starter, have them as a backup for a few games. That way, their ratings will go up and not down, but the player wont be playing at peak, so just take that into consideration.
5/18/2016 4:42 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.