Talkin' about practice?

I have a fairly young team win high work ethic. The best work ethic rating in all of the world.

My my offense is talented and defense is young (mostly highly talented freshmen)

I'm curious: What do you set your practice minutes for? How impactful is it? For a legit defense how much do you set your team minutes to and for special teams how many minutes to do you set it to?
5/16/2016 3:48 PM
There's no right answer to this. At the lower levels you want to put an emphasis on player development and less on form. For special teams it seems to be between 5 and 12 minutes depending on the coach.
5/16/2016 4:19 PM
Well, I'm not sure that your team is as talented as you think they are. But as far as formation practice goes: In D1AA, I would say use no more than 1 or 2 offensive formations, and 1 or 2 defensive formations. Then put 10-15 minutes on each formation, and also 10-15 minutes on special teams. All in all, I'd say put 40 to 50 minutes total on formations and special teams.
5/16/2016 4:52 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.