Blyleven World Recruitment Thread Topic

Hello all. We have rolled over and are looking for new owners. We have a solid world without drama and solid, reasonable world rules.
5/16/2016 4:42 PM
Franchises available:

AL North

AL East

AL South - CLAIMED, you're too late.

AL West 1

AL West 2

NL North

NL East 1

NL East 2

NL East 3

5/20/2016 12:45 PM (edited)
Private World Rules:

1) WIN PCT/REQ. Any team that accrues 108 losses (54-108, .333, or worse) in one season will be reviewed for tanking or neglect. Minimum win requirements for two consecutive seasons is 112 (112-212 record). Three seasons is 186 (185-301 record).

2) ROSTER/MINORS. All owners are required by ML game 9 of the regular season to have a minimum of 25 active players at each minor league level. Owners will be given up to 9 HBD cycles to address any minor league team falling below this requirement at any point during the season. This means 25 active players playing within their positional merits: position players not pitching, pitchers not playing the field, catchers not playing shortstop, and so on.

3. ABSENTEEISM. Owners should not go without logging in for over 5 days without prior warning. Owners are encouraged to find another owner (not one currently in the world) to watch over the team if an extended absence is required/expected. Absent and non-communicative owners after 14 days will be replaced.

4. CITIES: A team may change home cities no more than 2 times in any 5 season period. This does not apply to ownership changes.

5. CHAT BEHAVIOR: Zero tolerance for "bullying", name calling, personal attacks, and otherwise immature, disrespectful behavior either in the forums or the trade chats. An owner who is guilty of this more than once will be reviewed on a case by case basis with the end result possibly being not being invited back for the following season, or, if the violation is against the T.O.S. of WhatIfSports, IMMEDIATE dismissal. This world is too good for that stuff.
5/16/2016 4:44 PM
And Blyleven should have been in the Hall of Fame long before he was elected.
5/17/2016 3:21 PM
Our world has no franchises that are too horrible or too strong, so the balance of competition is good.
5/18/2016 10:37 AM
Some inquires so we should start filling franchises soon. Contact me to join the world.
5/19/2016 12:42 PM
The AL South franchise has been claimed.
5/20/2016 12:45 PM
Great world - and can definitely agree on the awesome competitive balance, probably my favorite world in that regard!
5/20/2016 4:05 PM
Will agree to disagree on Blyleven and his HOF, but that's part of what's great about the league - lots of opinion and discussion, but all in fun.
5/20/2016 4:07 PM
Can't see any argument that Blyleven does not belong in the Hall, but this is a great world whatever it is called.
5/21/2016 8:06 AM
Well, it took him 14 years on the ballot, so obviously many of the HOF voters had their concerns. One more year and he would have been off the ballot. That said, he was a very good pitcher for a long time, but ended his career only 31 games over .500. As I said, he was very good, but it's not the Hall of the very good. Marginal HOFer, IMO. There has been some controversy over the name change, but what has not changed is that this is a solid league with a lot of great owners, competitive balance, and a proactive commissioner. Give us a look. Good teams available.
5/21/2016 8:53 AM
Point being, it's always good for discussion and a great group of owners - highly recommended!
5/21/2016 4:57 PM
That's it took so long reflects on the writers,, not on Blyleven.
5/22/2016 5:27 PM
What I like about our world is that we don't have any nasty arguments, just good discussion.
5/23/2016 3:45 AM
I might be interested in an AL team. I commish Spahn which just rolled over today. I'm hoping to find somebody to do an owner swap with me. I currently have 8 openings.I don't have a recruitment thread up yet since it's a fresh rollover but if you need more info please sitemail me.
5/23/2016 11:18 AM
12 Next ▸
Blyleven World Recruitment Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.