Canceled: GD Worst to First Challenge Topic

there's no great way to do it better i guess, even if you identified Eastern State as the hardest school to win with, it would still have inherit advantages in some worlds over others. worst to first sounds legit. ignore me, run with it.
5/17/2016 10:02 PM
The way this is set up, the difficulty of the D3 school really makes no difference. As soon as one owner wins a NC, everyone moves up.
5/17/2016 10:09 PM
IMO, you just have to pick one world, try to pick the "hardest" D3 schools to start with, and have a race to get to a D1A Level 3 bowl game. Go with Hayes or Dobie.
5/17/2016 10:13 PM
From the negative feedback I am receiving, and having had only three coaches sign up so far, I guess this wasn't such a great idea. I am going to pull the plug on it. I did like one idea I received, that of taking a team from a school that has never won a national championship in any world and attempting to become the first. Also, if anyone wants a real "worst to first" story, Bridgewater/Rockne had far and away the worst Roster Value Rating of any team. However, Rockne is going through recruiting right now so that may change.
5/18/2016 6:56 AM
Posted by tribewriter on 5/18/2016 6:56:00 AM (view original):
From the negative feedback I am receiving, and having had only three coaches sign up so far, I guess this wasn't such a great idea. I am going to pull the plug on it. I did like one idea I received, that of taking a team from a school that has never won a national championship in any world and attempting to become the first. Also, if anyone wants a real "worst to first" story, Bridgewater/Rockne had far and away the worst Roster Value Rating of any team. However, Rockne is going through recruiting right now so that may change.
It was a fine idea and considered joining myself, not sure why ebel has to chime in with his negative attitude and apparent knowledge of what's going to fun for other coaches.
5/18/2016 7:04 AM
Posted by gators06 on 5/17/2016 8:28:00 PM (view original):
I obviously think it's a good idea to mix it up a bit and have some fun or I wouldn't have signed up. Don't know why people (Columbusbuck, nyaggie98, ebel331) are chiming in against it. If you don't want to be involved then don't sign up. And yes ebel you are being negative.
I don't believe my comment was negative and against this challenge, just my opinion for anyone thinking of taking the St. Lawrence job. I actually had some luck there winning a few CCs.
5/18/2016 8:06 AM
I think this challenge is a great idea and I hope somebody sets it up again. Pro Tip: Choose a world that miami_jefe isn't in :)
5/18/2016 9:03 AM
This was a GREAT IDEA. Forget the negatives. If I didn't have so as many teams combine on both IDs I would have joined.
5/18/2016 9:26 AM
Good ideal. There are issues with it but you'll have that with any ideal. I'd join but I'm in a money crunch and can't justify any more teams right now.
5/18/2016 12:18 PM
I also thought about it as well, I've had a great time trying to rebuild Catholic. Out of curiosity, what's the quickest someone has been able to make a team go worst to first? (Not saying I ever will, still far away from that level).
5/18/2016 1:14 PM
Well if you come up with another idea I might be interested
5/18/2016 2:54 PM
Looks like a fun competition. But I really don't like anything but D2.
How bout a competition taking the worst teams in D2 and winner is first team to win an NC ?
5/18/2016 5:47 PM
Posted by mojolad on 5/18/2016 5:48:00 PM (view original):
Looks like a fun competition. But I really don't like anything but D2.
How bout a competition taking the worst teams in D2 and winner is first team to win an NC ?
How bout a competition taking a midmajor school to 4 consecutive IA titles while destorying all urban legends about Elite status and the winner is the first team to force WIS to change the game midseason to stop them? lol just kidding that would never happen
5/18/2016 9:02 PM
Wasn't that conference filled with a bunch of great coaches? Leading to bowl money on the level of a BCS conferences?
5/18/2016 9:11 PM
Posted by leroy4790 on 5/18/2016 9:11:00 PM (view original):
Wasn't that conference filled with a bunch of great coaches? Leading to bowl money on the level of a BCS conferences?
Brilliant! Let's do that with one of the Mid Majors in Wilkinson.
5/18/2016 9:37 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Canceled: GD Worst to First Challenge Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.