Leahy St. Lawrence 6/2 122
Stagg Mary Hardin-Baylor 6/5 117
Warner Eastern Oregon 6/9 109
Heisman Trinity (TX) 6/13 109
Dobie Framingham State 5/29 91
Hayes Trinity (TX) 5/17 88 gators06
Yost Eureka 5/25 117
5/17/2016 1:18 PM (edited)

If you love a rebuild, you will love the Worst to First Challenge! The object of this contest is to take the worst team in a world and become the first among 11 competing coaches to win a national championship. Here is how it works:

1. Look at the chart in the post above. Pick out a team you would like, or specify "any," and sitemail me. First come, first served. You cannot take a team in a world in which you are already competing. The teams selected were the lowest-ranked teams in the GUESS ratings not currently being coached by a human.

2. Note the signup date for the world in which you are entered and be sure to sign up at the appropriate time. Note also the first actual season for Rebuild Season 1. Rockne will be a bit behind everyone chronologically because its signups just ended.

3. We will enter as a "cohort model." When the first coach wins a Division III championship, we will all move up to Division II and repeat the process. When a coach wins D2, we will all move up to Division I-AA. From I-AA, we will all move up to non-BCS Division I. There, the first team to win a CONFERENCE championship will be declared the winner.

4. Prize money--passage deleted.

5. The prize will not be awarded until every team has completed its "rebuild season" during the season in which the first national championship is won. If more than one team wins a championship, the prize will be split. For instance, if Coach A wins Yost in Season 78 (Rebuild Season 2) and Coach B wins Wilkinson in Season 123 (Rebuild Season 2), they will divide the prize equally.

6. I will attempt to update the standings regularly after the GUESS ratings are posted to track the progress of the 11 competing coaches/teams.

7. To avoid any hint of unfairness, I will wait and assign the last unassigned team to myself.

5/17/2016 4:05 PM (edited)
I am also willing to listen to the participants if a national championship is not the most practical ultimate goal. I would be willing to change that to "achieve the highest GUESS rating in X seasons" if the coaches, by vote, deem that more practical.
5/17/2016 12:44 AM
Reserved
Reserved
Love this idea. I'd join if I could, but will follow closely.
5/17/2016 12:47 AM
This would be great if you think you actually have a shot at winning the competition. I KNOW I will not unless the competition is restricted to players who have never won one before (or at least people have won, say, six titles or fewer).
5/17/2016 5:10 AM
As someone who has coached at St. Lawrence that is gonna be a tough rebuild, not many recruits within your 180.
5/17/2016 11:00 AM
Sounds like fun. I like rebuilds - sent you a sitemail
5/17/2016 12:31 PM
Please note, I took out the text for (4) re prize money. I don't want any coach to be scared off because they can't afford to donate to the prize pot.
5/17/2016 4:06 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I obviously think it's a good idea to mix it up a bit and have some fun or I wouldn't have signed up. Don't know why people (Columbusbuck, nyaggie98, ebel331) are chiming in against it. If you don't want to be involved then don't sign up. And yes ebel you are being negative.
5/17/2016 8:28 PM
Ebel, I understand what you are saying. I just think "worst to first" is more compelling than a standard rebuild.
5/17/2016 9:25 PM
the 'worst ranked' team is not the 'hardest to rebuild team' and it's not close. good luck with it though, sounds like fun. stuff like this is great for the game.
5/17/2016 9:59 PM
123 Next ▸
Canceled: GD Worst to First Challenge Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.