In case you needed to see some BS today Topic

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/WISCast.aspx?gid=5801097
5/18/2016 2:35 PM
5/18/2016 3:39 PM
Recover two straight onside kicks, score TDs off both of them, mix in a 2pt conversion?

I know I am probably the worst coach in DIA, so I always expect to lose, but this is a bit much even for me.
5/18/2016 3:41 PM
Special teams play is the only broken part of the engine. And by broken...I mean not even close. I swear teams covert onside kicks at alarming rates.
5/18/2016 4:07 PM
Is there a way to kick an onside every time? I had a game go this way during my first season at Stanford.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to be on the good side of this.
5/18/2016 4:09 PM
I see nothing wrong with that game.
5/18/2016 7:45 PM (edited)
Anyone willing to help, please sitemail.
5/18/2016 7:27 PM
Hmmm... Gross.
5/18/2016 8:03 PM
The problem is that on the team formation page it shows you players with horrible Special teams IQ , on their individual pages it shows them with much hight Special teams formation IQ. I would send a ticket in as that was probably what caused you to lose the game.
5/18/2016 10:45 PM
That is the craziest game I've seen in a while. I remember having a near 30 point lead turn into a 7 point lead in the last five minutes of the game one time. As frustrating as the loss is, it actually provides a pretty neat opportunity to see the effects of a tired defense. Every time he recovered another onside kick, your defense just got more tired and it turned into a snowball effect. Each time he generated another possession, he increased his odds to score again. If there was a way to kick onside kicks for the entirety of a game, I would do it. Insane game.
5/18/2016 10:50 PM
The game below got me frustrated enough. I can only imagine how you feel, hitman!

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=5801146
5/19/2016 12:02 AM
That is also very frustrating! Your game had something on the line. I was just trying to get to a Level 2 bowl and play for pride. :)
5/19/2016 12:40 AM
Posted by hitman1979 on 5/18/2016 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Recover two straight onside kicks, score TDs off both of them, mix in a 2pt conversion?

I know I am probably the worst coach in DIA, so I always expect to lose, but this is a bit much even for me.
I lost my first championship to coachjamest on this same exact thing. 2 straight onside recoveries to tie it and take it to OT where I lost. That game still haunts me.
5/19/2016 2:57 AM
Its not even about the back to back recoveries. The defense being tired is also not the issue. The issue is the general ability for even crappy teams to recover onside kicks and take punts and kicks back for touchdowns. Special teams in this engine are broken
5/19/2016 9:13 AM
I think mac has a decent team, so I don't have a problem losing. For me the issue is the back-to-back recoveries. I get my share of KO/Punt TDs, at least a couple each season, but I hardly ever give them up. Maybe ST is broken, maybe just a statistical anomaly, but not too much fun being on the business end of it.,
5/19/2016 9:49 AM
12 Next ▸
In case you needed to see some BS today Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.