Getting Worlds to Fill Topic

It looks like public worlds aren't moving at all. We went public(Maddux) a week or so ago and haven't had one person sign up. It looks like there are many leagues with even more openings than us. It is unfortuante to have to merge and lose history but that may have to happen here. Many Private worlds aren't in great shape either(we merged 3 into 2 10 seasons ago) as many of those are very slow to fill with many players being forced into putting out $$ incentives to join.

I would like to see whatif put some incentive in for players to stay with a franchise for multiple years, especially in worlds that are having a hard time filling. Something has to be done or else it's time to just merge merge merge.

Anyone have any ideas?
5/18/2016 4:51 PM
Worlds basically fill themselves. It's a good, competitive environment, people stay if that's what they're seeking. If they want a "fun, friendly world with active chat", they can find that too.
5/18/2016 5:10 PM
Bwahahaha!

If people are too lazy to vote for the HOF or the end of the year awards I don't stay long. If there is trade rape a plenty with not so much as an uproar in the world chat I won't be there long either.
5/18/2016 5:49 PM
There's no way to tell if anybody has or has not voted for the end of season awards.
5/18/2016 6:58 PM
Does the award final tally add up to 32? No? People didn't vote.

A few I'm ok with. If it's 12 or more votes missing it's not so good.
5/18/2016 9:32 PM
I thought the computer voted, its always 32 right?
5/18/2016 9:38 PM
It is. Hookey, eh?
5/18/2016 9:39 PM
Oh. Learn something new everyday.

ok so wait, fill me in on this, so if an owner doesn't vote at the end of the year for player awards the computer will fill in their ballot as it feels is best? Or it doesn't matter how you fill in your ballot, the computer will assign all 32 votes regardless?
5/19/2016 7:47 AM (edited)
Yes, it matters how you fill in your ballot, it counts as you submit it; however, if you don't vote, the computer will fill in a ballot as it feels best.
5/19/2016 9:15 AM
Thanks. TIL.
5/19/2016 10:30 AM
Getting Worlds to Fill Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.