Can anyone help me understand what happened here (see 4th quarter)???
https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=5801097

And is my defense really this bad? Giving up 72% pass completion? What am I missing???
5/18/2016 10:46 PM
Just a statistical anomaly. It's going to happen every once in a great while. Sucks you had to be on the wrong end of it but it's not a glitch or anything. Just really rare that a team would recover two onside kicks in a row.
5/18/2016 11:15 PM
Umm onside kicks occur way to much in this engine. I know this game can't be based to closely on real college football, but the onside kick recovery rate is abnormally high. You never see this many onside kick recoveries and special teams returns for scores in real life. Special teams is the truly broken part of this engine.
5/19/2016 12:28 AM
Posted by leroy4790 on 5/19/2016 12:28:00 AM (view original):
Umm onside kicks occur way to much in this engine. I know this game can't be based to closely on real college football, but the onside kick recovery rate is abnormally high. You never see this many onside kick recoveries and special teams returns for scores in real life. Special teams is the truly broken part of this engine.
Not saying this isn't true, but I'd like to see some numbers on this. I don't really notice that many onside recoveries, but it's possible. I do agree on the returns, though.

Honestly, I do think there is something in the engine that tries to create more excitement at the end of games - onside kicks, GW drives, etc. I think there is something in the engine that triggers more things like this to create more exciting finishes. No facts, Just my opinion.
5/20/2016 11:29 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.