Erffdogg Memorial - MEMORIAL DAY SPECIAL Topic

Erffdogg Memorial is finishing the world series and will be kicking off season 39 very soon. Given that one of the WS teams is run by the nephew of everyone's favorite Mayor Joe Quimby's, we're going with a Simpson's themed plea for teams. Erff is one of the longest standing and best leagues in WIS - great owners, good chatter, helpful to new guys, and all that ****... stop by and have a flaming Moe. In the meantime, here are the teams currently available right now, summed up by a Simpsons quote:

"Life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead" or "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is: Never try”
That would YOUR the Seattle Thunderbirds. No idea what happened to previous owner Knighthawk. Maybe he had some legal issues and hired Lionel Hutz as his attorney. We haven't heard from him since. This team went to hell in a hand basket, gorging on losses until it exploded

Not sure about the farm system, but the team has the top pick in the draft and assets like Renyel Manuel that you can flip for prospects. There's some good pitching too. This is a rebuild, but the good news is that the Cubs and Brewers will soon go back to tanking, so in two seasons you can fight NY to win the division with a .500 record.

"And I for one welcome our new insect overlords"
This would be the Washington Nationals. Got to admit, this is perplexing. This team won the WS last season, missing the playoffs this season with the same team. They could have been the invading force that Kent Brockman was so eager to subjugate himself too. I mean, you're starting with these players: Devan Wilfredo, Avisail Delgado, Bubba Stoddard, Archie Litsch, Kang, Kodos, and Carl. Check those guys again - all except Carl are in their mid 20s. Mind boggling that this team is being left open.

Hi, I'm actor Troy McClure! You might remember me from such driver's ed films as "Alice's Adventures Through The Windshield Glass" and "The Decapitation of Larry Leadfoot."
That would be the Houston Astros. Watching the deterioration of this team was difficult - always been a really good team. Thankfully, we had a short term owner step in late last year and keep a perennial contender healthy. Still a LOT of talent on this team: Herb Watson, Robbie Montgomery, Howard Brooks, Mike White, Alex Olivares, Guapo.

If you're interested, please sitemail me or anyone in the league.

5/19/2016 3:05 PM
I'd like the Nationals team
5/19/2016 3:50 PM
Is there anymore openings
5/22/2016 10:00 AM
Getting ready to roll today - one opening - the Houston franchise outlined above.
5/23/2016 8:50 AM
jose - great post. You should be in PR!
5/23/2016 4:38 PM
This is a stable league with most owners in for 20+ seasons. Minimal turnover each season with a lively board.
5/25/2016 10:52 AM
Are we full yet? ;)
5/26/2016 8:36 PM
Getting close.......
5/30/2016 8:44 AM
Erffdogg Memorial - MEMORIAL DAY SPECIAL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.