New and Improved: GD Worst to First Challenge Topic

Posted by ebel331 on 5/22/2016 9:33:00 PM (view original):
"2. In Division IA, the goal is a Level 3 bowl victory."

This is probably way too low a bar. If you think Nation Championship is too high, then make it reach/win a level 5 bowl. Just as a point of reference, I took over simai Camp UCF and won a level 4 bowl in 4th season. Not bragging, cause I did that without even realizing that default shotgun doesn't throw to TE, so all those recruiting dollars spent on TE were no use since they weren't even thrown the ball. That's after I spent like 10 seasons at Florida running the shotgun with same effect. So basically I had no idea how the only formation I ran even worked, but still managed to win a level4 bowl with the original turd class I recruited with no bowl money and no prestige so level3 bowl probably not too hard.
So, once again Mr. Negative you didn't have the original idea and yet, are so willing to criticize. How about joining up or shutting up? And, for the love of the game please stop with the run on sentences.
5/23/2016 12:03 AM
just trying to help, it's a great idea, love it, good luck with it
5/23/2016 6:19 AM
Also, Indiana and Purdue are in the Big10, I didn't consider that part; so maybe having to play there as opposed to a midmajor- where play against mostly simai (which we know are easy wins)- can make it harder; so maybe a level3 win is a good goal for those schools after all.
5/23/2016 6:25 AM
level 3 for a rebuild, especially a lowly school is fine. In real life when you have success, the coach leaves as soon as he gets 1-2 pretty good seasons under his belt and goes on to a higher paying job.
Now, if the coach spends enough time at the school and has enough sustained success then the program will expect far more.
5/23/2016 4:30 PM
ebel, I think you should pick up a rebuild. You already have two established teams, so it would be a nice challenge for you.
5/23/2016 4:57 PM
I would like to take Michigan Tech in Stagg D~2 for the coming season
5/23/2016 6:10 PM
Posted by tribewriter on 5/23/2016 4:57:00 PM (view original):
ebel, I think you should pick up a rebuild. You already have two established teams, so it would be a nice challenge for you.
UCF is a rebuild it's only my 4th year, Cheyney I'm just trying to collect wins to move up to IAA Wilkinson where all the coach activity is.
5/23/2016 7:56 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Western New England is now mine. Looking forward to this challenge. If I get inducted I would like Nicole Curtis from Rehab Addict on my plaque please (no offense to Joanna Gaines)
5/25/2016 2:47 PM
Posted by dvgagz on 5/25/2016 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Western New England is now mine. Looking forward to this challenge. If I get inducted I would like Nicole Curtis from Rehab Addict on my plaque please (no offense to Joanna Gaines)
Tip of the hat to you on the Nicole Curtis reference. My wife always questions my motivation for watching Rehab Addict.
5/25/2016 6:14 PM
Yeah, Nicole over Joanna hands down (or hands on). Also don't forget about Christina El Moussa (Flip or Flop).
5/25/2016 7:03 PM
Posted by gators06 on 5/25/2016 6:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dvgagz on 5/25/2016 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Tip of the hat to you on the Nicole Curtis reference. My wife always questions my motivation for watching Rehab Addict.
Yeah, I'm in lust with Nicole. Can't resist watching her work those tools!
5/25/2016 8:38 PM
Posted by tribewriter on 5/20/2016 4:23:00 PM (view original):
My only hesitancy is, someone may then want to cite precedent and insist we enter them five or 10 seasons retroactive.
So don't apply the start retroactively, but rather enter him now. Howard is listed above.
5/26/2016 9:39 AM
Posted by mraston on 5/20/2016 3:14:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to advocate for myself as an entry into the contest at Howard in Wilkinson retroactively. Since we can easily track what my GUESS rating was when I took Howard over and can also count the number of seasons it takes to win a national championship, I would argue that Howard needs to be included as I took over from reigny following a career record of 29 - 297, a GUESS ranking of 120 (dead list) for 10+ seasons, a roster rating of 35.69 the year before I took over, and the lowest possible recruiting vision in my first year.

The fact that I started before the contest doesn't change the rebuild nature and the long odds of me winning a National Championship in AA Wilkinson with the quality of coaches in the league doesn't make it any less of a challenge.

Thanks for considering.
I would certainly be willing to enter mraston into the contest effective now. However, he asked to be entered retroactively (see original post).
5/26/2016 3:38 PM
Did this in Wilk at Henderson State. Worst ranked, no playoffs. Now take a look at the place!
Zoned out for a while and re-entered at D1AA, but Henderson is still rollin'.
5/29/2016 3:02 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
New and Improved: GD Worst to First Challenge Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.