I'm in my my first season and learning on the go. Unfortunately, before I realized what made up an adequate player, I made some pretty poor FA decisions. Couple that with some huge contracts I inherited from the previous owner, and I am in pretty bad shape budget wise. Is their anyway to unload players with bad contracts?
5/22/2016 10:18 AM
Do NOT release them. Trade and waiver wire are the only way. But nobody wants crappy players with big salaries.
5/22/2016 12:36 PM
It's rough but ONCE YOU KNOW THE PROPPER VALUE OF A PROSPECT you can unload salary on teams by trading a prospect with your big contracts. I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS IN YOUR FIRST SEASON. For now I would say just make the best of a bad situation.
5/22/2016 2:08 PM
You don't have a bad enough contract to even consider doing that. Suck it up and learn as much as you can in your first season.
5/22/2016 3:09 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/22/2016 3:09:00 PM (view original):
You don't have a bad enough contract to even consider doing that. Suck it up and learn as much as you can in your first season.
Agree strongly. You have nobody making over $2M whose contract doesn't expire after this season or next season, and nobody making 8 figures. Your problem is not that you have a couple of disasters but that a ton of guys are overpaid by a couple million a year. Just roll with them.

Then, spend all the time you planned to spend wheeling and dealing learning how to read ratings instead. Compare ratings to career stats for as many veteran players as you can find the time for, so you can see which ratings lead to good stats.

5/22/2016 3:38 PM
Thank you all for the advice. I appreciate it.

I have played GD for years and enjoy it but this game is so much more fun for me. I'm going to stick with it so I'll just try and keep getting better by using advice from people like you.

thank you again.
5/22/2016 3:47 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.