Next generation of students Topic

Since this is on the next generation of students here at Chowan Allen world6. I have come to the conclusion that this will not spill my gameplan to my fellow league mates/ upcoming opponets. The generation term I use is a term that I call as once the 4 year mark ends for one recruting class for instance my 1st recruting class graduates at the end of season 86 or next season. I would call it the end of a generation. This is not by every class its by every 4 years is how I call this a generation in this game.

I was thinking today, If I go all gaurd after this generation wraps up. Why not go G,G,G,G,C lineup? As I have had some people tell me that I can't endure the repurcussions of no rebounding in the paint but a guy who can shoot threes at the center.

A G,G,G,G,C lineup is use all over the real life college world. Its called small ball or what the Miami Heat used as a lineup in there 4 final apperance with Lebron James. Or any team for that matter use Lebron at the 4 and go small ball around him.

So now here straight to the question, Could I maximize the three point effiency in ths game to the point where the little rebounding doesn't matter? Here is a good concept that goes along the line of the subject of this paragraph. If I make a shot then there is no rebounding involved. But If I miss a shot and effiency goes down alot then I am in a lot of trouble and have no rebounding or the minium rebounding for the foward's position.

Now that I think about it, having a gaurd at c and maximizing the three ball doesn't sound like a bad thing at all. There will be just alot of offense and no defense.
5/22/2016 10:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Coachward the fact that your playing non-conf sims at home goes to what only is saying, learn the game before trying something that even the best coaches don't often try.

But its is your money and if you want to try good luck.
5/22/2016 11:17 PM
Posted by cmac4567 on 5/22/2016 11:18:00 PM (view original):
Coachward the fact that your playing non-conf sims at home goes to what only is saying, learn the game before trying something that even the best coaches don't often try.

I'm trying to learn the game... These are the lineups I want to try and my record doesn't matter in division 3 as i'll make it up in division 2 or low major division 1. Its better for me to form my own opinion rather than rely on others. I can't form my own opinion without trying.
5/22/2016 11:25 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 5/22/2016 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachWard95 on 5/22/2016 11:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cmac4567 on 5/22/2016 11:18:00 PM (view original):

I'm trying to learn the game... These are the lineups I want to try and my record doesn't matter in division 3 as i'll make it up in division 2 or low major division 1. Its better for me to form my own opinion rather than rely on others. I can't form my own opinion without trying.
We are telling you you won't be successful trying to run "innovative" lineups that few can and do run successfully especially when you haven't put together a team "normally" HD and Real life basketball do not always overlap in what you think should happen and how it works in the game. Your record does matter as you are trying to build a D3 team and its a good idea to listen to those telling you your idea sucks. Literally every time you've brought this up everyone has said not to do this and you keep creating threads about wanting to do this. So at this point you can go ahead and do this, but you are going to have a lot of trouble doing it, and few people are going to want to help you since you do not care for help you just want people to tell you to go ahead and do it because you already know how to do it apparently. If you try this at D3 currently I promise you, you'll be lucky to win more than 5 games a year as you already have not begun to understand the game yet with how Chowan looks, you need to learn how the game works and be able to make a consistent team that can even win a few games before you venture off and start to try some expiremental stuff. Your record at D3 does matter because D2 is much harder, yes some people are just not good at certain divisions likesome great D2 coaches aren't good D3 or even great D1 coaches aren't great at D3, but when you have the "success" you've had and shown the ability you have you aren't going to magically get better by moving up divisions you're just going to have an even bigger learning curve and it will take even longer to even put together a roster resemble a team.

But ignore as you will and enjoy building an all guard lineup making the forum will be less confusing after you enjoy a few more seasons of 0-27 while running these highly innovative lineups because only your opinion matters and you don't need to rely on others(which why would you post in the forums)

Good luck at least it will be entertaining to watch from afar.
Dude from the other posts I had two people went out of there way to contact me to help me reach my goals. I have said this before and i'll say this again, I want to build Chowan into a winning program before I leave the school! I belive that I can make the Pit tourney with my generaly weak schedule non conference.
5/22/2016 11:51 PM
Have you considered trying to play only 4 guards and no big men (you may have to contact customer service to get that done)? Maybe then you'll score even more because then there won't be a extra player getting in the way.
5/23/2016 12:15 AM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 5/22/2016 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Since this is on the next generation of students here at Chowan Allen world6. I have come to the conclusion that this will not spill my gameplan to my fellow league mates/ upcoming opponets. The generation term I use is a term that I call as once the 4 year mark ends for one recruting class for instance my 1st recruting class graduates at the end of season 86 or next season. I would call it the end of a generation. This is not by every class its by every 4 years is how I call this a generation in this game.

I was thinking today, If I go all gaurd after this generation wraps up. Why not go G,G,G,G,C lineup? As I have had some people tell me that I can't endure the repurcussions of no rebounding in the paint but a guy who can shoot threes at the center.

A G,G,G,G,C lineup is use all over the real life college world. Its called small ball or what the Miami Heat used as a lineup in there 4 final apperance with Lebron James. Or any team for that matter use Lebron at the 4 and go small ball around him.

So now here straight to the question, Could I maximize the three point effiency in ths game to the point where the little rebounding doesn't matter? Here is a good concept that goes along the line of the subject of this paragraph. If I make a shot then there is no rebounding involved. But If I miss a shot and effiency goes down alot then I am in a lot of trouble and have no rebounding or the minium rebounding for the foward's position.

Now that I think about it, having a gaurd at c and maximizing the three ball doesn't sound like a bad thing at all. There will be just alot of offense and no defense.
"So now here straight to the question, Could I maximize the three point effiency in ths game to the point where the little rebounding doesn't matter?"

straight to the answer - no. not even remotely close. absolutely, positively, no. when you want to master a field, you don't start trying to figure it out on your own - a smart man tries to "stand on the shoulder of giants", as the expression goes. benefit from the knowledge and wisdom of those who came before you, use it to accelerate your growth, and then try to build from there. i'm not suggesting you should be a robot, doing what everyone else suggests - but even if you wanted to, you couldn't do that. there is some set of basics here, that people agree upon, but there are huge amounts of stuff people disagree upon soon as you step past the basics. so, you are going to have to think for yourself and make your own decisions from the beginning, and that's all well and good. so don't worry - you have to do that anyway, so you may as well try to at least leverage what other people have learned the hard way, when you can! this is one of those times :) running 5 guards is a terrible way to go.
5/23/2016 2:13 AM
the consensus is this won't work. The consensus is most often (but not always) correct. The way to find out, if you disagree with the consensus, is simply try it yourself. If you do, it would be cool if you kept good notes about who who recruited and why, and how you intend to make them into a team, and then post the results here for folks to discuss...if you feel like it that is...

I, also, don't think it will work. But there is no educator like experience, so by all means, you paid your quarter, you can dance however you please...
5/23/2016 3:01 AM (edited)
My bet is that this will not be a beneficial tactic. That doesnt mean such a team could not win, but I would expect that it would not perform as well as a comparably constructed and coached team with two strong rebounders.

I think of it this way - in this game the marginal benefit of having 4 or even 5 excellent three point shooters on the floor at a time - compared to 2 or 3 excellent three point shooters is small. That marginal benefit needs to be weighed against rebounding and other correlated benefits of legit post players.

4 guards may well be a darn good strategy in real life - where one can spread the floor better than with 3 strong shooters. In this game, i think the benefits are low and therefor the cost-benefit is negative.

That's my opinion on the question posed in the initial post - without much data to support it, but that is what experience tells me.
5/23/2016 8:29 AM
Remember the HCA affects FG%!
5/23/2016 8:55 AM
I know I'm going against people and with coachward (weird), but these types of lineups absolutely can work. I'm in the middle of experimenting with it at D1 and it seems to be working pretty well. Sure, I get outrebounded by little here or there against good teams, but not by any huge margins. Plus, chucking up 3s makes you're opponent go +, which mitigates the rebounding differential a bit.

Also, it's his money, let him go 0-27 if he wants to. Give him suggestions on in accordance with his questions instead of telling everyone how they should play the game.
5/23/2016 9:05 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 5/23/2016 12:15:00 AM (view original):
Have you considered trying to play only 4 guards and no big men (you may have to contact customer service to get that done)? Maybe then you'll score even more because then there won't be a extra player getting in the way.
+1
5/23/2016 9:29 AM
Posted by tkimble on 5/23/2016 9:05:00 AM (view original):
I know I'm going against people and with coachward (weird), but these types of lineups absolutely can work. I'm in the middle of experimenting with it at D1 and it seems to be working pretty well. Sure, I get outrebounded by little here or there against good teams, but not by any huge margins. Plus, chucking up 3s makes you're opponent go +, which mitigates the rebounding differential a bit.

Also, it's his money, let him go 0-27 if he wants to. Give him suggestions on in accordance with his questions instead of telling everyone how they should play the game.
That's different.

That's not D3, that is D1 where you can get solid stretch 4's and 5's that have 99 and 100 REB. I don't think it would work at D3, I would suggest that instead, you try for 3 great perimeter scorers and 2 great LP scorers, that has a better chance of success
5/23/2016 11:18 AM
1234 Next ▸
Next generation of students Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.