Ever signed an Ineligible recruit? Topic

I just signed with a D2 school. I have 4 open schollies for this recruiting process. I only have 2 post players currently on my roster for next season so I need a couple guys to come in and contribute now. My problem is, a lot of the top guys I want to, and should be able to sign are "Ineligible."

At the DII level, what happens with these "Ineligible" player once I sign them? Is there any way they can play next year? Do they still practice with the team and gain in their attributes? Am I guaranteed to have them on my team next season and will they stay the whole time?

Thank you in advance.
5/22/2016 10:42 PM
if they show up they will not play or gain in their attributes so everyone says load up SH mins if they do come. If they show up they will be on your team the next year.
5/22/2016 11:10 PM
Do you know about how often they "show up?"
5/22/2016 11:12 PM
Kenny Richards on my Chaminade team was ineligible in his first season. Often ineligibles won't end up going to your school even if they accept an offer, so I was surprised Richards stayed with me.

He gained no attributes during his ineligible season. Gained a little in the offseason. Playing a fair amount for me this season, and at DII he'll be eligible for a fifth year. (At DI I believe he wouldn't be.)

Does this help?
5/22/2016 11:13 PM
Posted by BDsaint785 on 5/22/2016 11:12:00 PM (view original):
Do you know about how often they "show up?"
I have never had one show up. There are some one here that say its a crap shoot. Others that have had some show up say if you barely recruit him and sign him for less than what a scholly is worth they don't show up much of the time.
Maybe some more will come in but I have had 4-5 accept my scholly then not show up.
5/22/2016 11:22 PM
Thank you for your help
5/22/2016 11:32 PM
Some show up some don't, that's what I have found it to be. I do know that when the players show up they are usually really good by their JR season. I haven't paid much attention to the amount of money spent vs. showing up or not. I will have to pay much closer attention to that next time I try to sign one.
5/22/2016 11:46 PM
Ineligibles will show up most of the time, the exact number isn't known but generally accepted to be around 51-66%. Supposedly the more money you spend on them in recruiting, the better the chance they show up. I haven't necessarily found this to be true, outside the fact that ineligibles signed for the $110 special don't have a great track record of showing up.

Right after signing you will get an email from your assistant saying something like "I'll be surprised if he doesn't go the JUCO route". Ignore this, its the standard message from signing all ineligibles and doesn't have any bearing on whether or not they actually show up.
5/22/2016 11:58 PM
you can also guarantee a starting spot to an ineligible with no penalty since they will not play their freshman year anyways.
5/23/2016 12:53 AM
Posted by swany623 on 5/23/2016 12:53:00 AM (view original):
you can also guarantee a starting spot to an ineligible with no penalty since they will not play their freshman year anyways.
* Unless they suddenly pass their SAT with the required score, in which case you're now saddled with a starter. Does't happen often, but does happen.

And, also, since I haven't seen it mentioned on the thread, be aware that, at most, only ONE ineligible will show up at D2, so there's no sense in signing more than one.
5/23/2016 1:46 AM
A couple points - I've singed many. Some show, some don't.

Ineligibles continue to try to pass the SAT a few times during recruiting. Occasionally a player will score high enough to get eligible, at which point if you got him for a promised start he's gonna want to hold you to it. Most of them don't pass however.

They will sit out first year (put all minutes into study hall) and then at D2 have 4 more years of eligibility. At D3 they start yr 1 without sitting out, and at D1 they sit, and to get the 5th yr they need an overall GPA >= 2.7.

Also, and I want to share this not to shame the OP or to be a *****, but because honestly I think many people aren't aware it is there - the FAQ (Help ==> FAQ from your home team page) has this information (and tons of others) and is a pretty good resource.
5/23/2016 1:49 AM (edited)
Posted by rednu on 5/23/2016 1:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swany623 on 5/23/2016 12:53:00 AM (view original):
* Unless they suddenly pass their SAT with the required score, in which case you're now saddled with a starter. Does't happen often, but does happen.

And, also, since I haven't seen it mentioned on the thread, be aware that, at most, only ONE ineligible will show up at D2, so there's no sense in signing more than one.
to red's last point - CS insists there is nothing in the code to stop multiple ineligibles from signing and reporting to campus, and that each makes his decision independently... that said, no one has ever reported successfully getting more than one ineligible to report, while a few can report trying and failing.
5/23/2016 1:48 AM
If the "Ineligible" recruit signs with me but does not come to my school, can I then offer that scholarship to someone else? Or, is it now used up for that recruiting period?
5/23/2016 11:07 AM
1. It is used up for that period.
2. He will go to a Juco school and you will have a head start recruiting him the next year.
5/23/2016 11:09 AM
if he signs that fills the ship, and you don't know if he will show until after recruiting ends and he is either on the roster or you have an email saying sorry coach...but you do get any carryover you might have had still, and you''ll have the scholarship funds for the next recruiting class.
5/23/2016 11:10 AM
12 Next ▸
Ever signed an Ineligible recruit? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.