Ever signed an Ineligible recruit? Topic

Didn't know at D3 ineligibles can play year 1, good to know
5/23/2016 4:27 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 5/23/2016 4:27:00 PM (view original):
As long as the recruit has a least a 2.0 high school GPA, then yes they can. Have yet to see a recruit with a GPA below 2.0, but just saying. I recruited a lot of "ineligible" recruits when I was at the D3 level because you can get away with it there.
5/23/2016 5:32 PM
Posted by BDsaint785 on 5/23/2016 5:32:00 PM (view original):
As long as the recruit has a least a 2.0 high school GPA, then yes they can. Have yet to see a recruit with a GPA below 2.0, but just saying. I recruited a lot of "ineligible" recruits when I was at the D3 level because you can get away with it there.
I don't think this is true, at least I've never heard it before. The recruit has to maintain a 2.0 once they get to college, but I've never heard of their high school GPA causing ineligibility after being recruited.
5/23/2016 5:49 PM
Posted by clouseb on 5/23/2016 5:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by BDsaint785 on 5/23/2016 5:32:00 PM (view original):
I don't think this is true, at least I've never heard it before. The recruit has to maintain a 2.0 once they get to college, but I've never heard of their high school GPA causing ineligibility after being recruited.
i don't think players can be generated with sub-2.0 hs gpa, so im not sure bd's distinction there is a meaningful one.

anyway, it is true that d3 players can play in year 1 if they were ineligible recruits, while higher division players can not. not sure which bit is being questioned for its truthiness, so just clarifying it all :)
5/23/2016 6:48 PM
◂ Prev 12
Ever signed an Ineligible recruit? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.