Had a brain fart with a roster move I made. I have a young pitcher Stefan Piedra that I had brought up when the rosters expanded to help out with bad pitching staff. I forgot that he was out of options and wouldn't be able to return him to minors. I wanted to let him mature at least one more season in minors so I was going to try and slip him through waivers after season ended along with a bunch of other guys to try and hide him in waivers. Well anyway, I brain farted and designated him with revocable waivers instead of just revocable waivers. Don't know what I was thinking at the time. Well he was claimed on waivers and system automatically pulled him back. Now I go and have to assign him again to the roster, but when I tried to assign him again to ML roster the system won't let me. I then tried to assign him to minor league roster and it won't let me. Has anyone else came across a situation like this? This team has a lack of talent as it is and I don't want to lose him. Does anyone know what the system will do when we roll over soon and he is still unassigned?
5/23/2016 9:31 AM
My Tampa Bay franchise by the way.
5/23/2016 9:32 AM
IIRC, you're screwed. Have to trade him.

That said, I thought unassigned players at rollover would be released but I've seen examples where they were not. So, if you world rolls in less than 10 real-life days, you can leave him unassigned and hope that's where he's at after rollover. Then you'll have to put him on your BL roster.

5/23/2016 10:11 AM
Season rolled and then after budgets I was able to place him on ML roster again. So good news
7/1/2016 8:31 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.