OT: 73 Win Warriors Topic

Make sure to put whatifsports into your works cited.
5/24/2016 3:57 PM
Posted by p6453 on 5/24/2016 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bk41129 on 5/24/2016 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by p6453 on 5/24/2016 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tgblackw on 5/24/2016 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by p6453 on 5/24/2016 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robinsmd on 5/24/2016 2:53:00 PM (view original):
If you're set on writing your paper about sports, I would consider writing about one of the following topics:

Allen Iverson and "rain cloud" of race that followed him his whole career
The Duke Lacrosse Scandal
The OJ Simpson Trial
+1
73 wins is insignificant. In any other era that Warriors team wouldn't win 33 games.
Oscar Robertson? Is that you?
Nope, just a Curry-hater and someone who doesn't think that 73 wins is more important than other stories of the last 20 years. To be honest, it's not fair to compare teams of yesteryear with teams of today because those games will never happen, so my previous post is erroneous. But my opinion nonetheless.
Curious to why you hate Curry? I am a huge Steph fan. When I was little and Davidson made the Elite 8 run in the NCAA Tournament, I was obsessed with Curry. He would do something cool and I would immediately go outside and try to imitate it. He wasn't a very big kid and I had heard about his problems during recruiting because of it. At the age of 10 I saw him as someone I could relate to being a smaller guy myself. What has done so far this season is just crazy and I love watching him play.
I've seen better, more well-rounded players. I was a shorter guard (5'7) and always gravitated towards the underdogs as well. Part of the problem is social media praising him for every thing he does. Everything. It's a bit much.
I do agree that social media tends to turn any topic into way more than what it should and sometimes social media doesn't spread the truth. That's just the world we live in today. Steph is the greatest shooter of all time though. Not the best player ever, but definitely the best shooter.
5/24/2016 3:59 PM
Posted by Baums_away on 5/24/2016 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Make sure to put whatifsports into your works cited.
+1 and yes hahahahahaha
5/24/2016 4:00 PM
Ok, so I guess I agree with the general statement that the current Warriors roster, transplanted back in time 20 years or more, doesn't win 73 games. Maybe doesn't even appear to be the best team in basketball at many times. But I do think they're easily a playoff team at pretty much any point after the introduction of the 3-point line. Even without it they're competing for playoff spots, but without the extra value of the Splash Bros long shots they come down to earth a long way.

This works both ways, though. The best teams are defined not exclusively by transcendent talent, but also by the specific ability to dominate their league environment. If you put the 72-win bulls in the NBA right now they don't win 70+ games either. With the way fouls are being called now, Rodman gets marginalized too far, and he's the only rebounder on that team. Luc Longley and Bill Wennington aren't good enough rebounders for the current 3-point happy version of the NBA, and they can't step out to defend on the perimeter either. Could easily still be a 60+ win team, but not 70.
5/24/2016 4:26 PM
If it's on sports, how could you not mention the miracle on ice? Not only taking on a hockey powerhouse, but beating them in the gold medal match to cap it all off. You could possibly add the 4x100m relay swimming race with Michael Phelps. THink it was the 2nd of his gold back in'08. Lezak chasing down the Bernard and helping Phelps break the record of gold medals in a single Olympics
5/24/2016 5:57 PM
If you're gonna write about sports, talk about the influence of social media on today's athletes. Look at Laremy Tunsil and what Instagram meant to him and his wallet. Talk about Ray Rice and TMZ digging up footage to start the conversation around abusing women.
5/24/2016 6:51 PM
You could also look at the success of the US Women's soccer team. 25 million viewers for last year's World Cup Final. Easily drawing larger audiences then the NBA Finals the month before.
Will this victory bring about a just short-term or will there be a more long-term impact on young girls participation in sports? That is to say, is all the hype about the team something that will soon fade, or does the World Cup victory have a longer term influence on the number of girls who play soccer and enjoy the benefits of youth sports?
5/24/2016 9:01 PM
Posted by masong83 on 5/24/2016 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Fair enough, it's hard to see the significance of something when we're in the middle of the history itself. My next question is to anyone who was alive during the 72 win Bulls season, what type of Impact did they have on society?
I was in Chicago for the whole of the Bulls' championship run. It has had zero impact on my life or, as far as I can see, the city of Chicago (except for the post-victory riots and burned-out cars in some neighborhoods). It was great fun, however.
5/24/2016 9:11 PM
◂ Prev 12
OT: 73 Win Warriors Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.