Non-Conference Scheduling Question Topic

I want to schedule a game for next season against a school that is presently controlled by a human user. He and I are friends and I know for a fact that he will not be renewing. If I do not fill all 5 spots on the schedule, will the system assign me an opponent?...or can I wait until the new user sign up period to schedule my friend's school?
5/25/2016 10:31 AM
I believe the system will assign you the game
5/25/2016 10:54 AM
you need to schedule with the current user before the season ends
5/25/2016 11:12 AM
The current user cannot schedule because they are not renewing...
5/25/2016 1:22 PM
Are you folks saying that I should submit a request right before the end of the season and the system will give it to me after the current user fails to renew?
5/25/2016 1:24 PM
Hi bfflcommish,

You no longer need to be renewed or have seasons remaining to be able to schedule non-conference opponents. So you should be able to schedule your friend's team that is leaving.

You also must have next season's non-conference games scheduled before the end of the post-season.

Thank you
5/25/2016 2:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Yeah, this thread confused me from the start. And "WIS_Support" chiming in made it even more bizarre.
5/25/2016 11:37 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 5/25/2016 11:37:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, this thread confused me from the start. And "WIS_Support" chiming in made it even more bizarre.
He wants to schedule his buddies team for next season, but doesn't know what team that will be because he isn't there yet. I get that. Don't think it's possible unless his buddy is willing to go to a SIMAI team that he already has on the schedule for next year, or tells him what school he wants to go to and hope he gets that job if he schedules them. The WIS support thing made me wonder as well. Would bet it isn't really someone from there. I would think they would sitemail them instead of just posting on the board.
5/26/2016 10:00 AM
I think he wants to schedule his buddies current team (even though he is not returning to them), all he needs to do is send a request to his buddy to schedule a game for next season and have his buddy accept it before the season is over.
5/26/2016 10:11 AM
Posted by ebel331 on 5/25/2016 9:47:00 PM (view original):
is the WIS_Support user a real thing? i ask because it indicates only 1 post? lol
also, why would you want to schedule your friend's team if you know he isn't going to coach next year? hmmmmm, i can't figure it out. possibly ironic that support showed up to help you do it, bwhahahahaha
Yes, this is a real thing. We're hoping to become more active in the forums helping with minor issues or questions such as these. Thanks for the warm welcome!
5/26/2016 10:30 AM
Maybe it isn't Wis Support ? Maybe - It's Chinese Hackers ? Wis Support, are you Chinese Hackers ? Chinese Hackers , are you Wis Support ?
5/26/2016 4:27 PM
Posted by WIS_Support on 5/26/2016 10:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ebel331 on 5/25/2016 9:47:00 PM (view original):
is the WIS_Support user a real thing? i ask because it indicates only 1 post? lol
also, why would you want to schedule your friend's team if you know he isn't going to coach next year? hmmmmm, i can't figure it out. possibly ironic that support showed up to help you do it, bwhahahahaha
Yes, this is a real thing. We're hoping to become more active in the forums helping with minor issues or questions such as these. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Feel free to jump in the booster gifts thread
5/26/2016 9:41 PM
WIS_Support is already up to 3 posts. What more do you expect?
5/26/2016 9:54 PM
Posted by mojolad on 5/26/2016 4:27:00 PM (view original):
Maybe it isn't Wis Support ? Maybe - It's Chinese Hackers ? Wis Support, are you Chinese Hackers ? Chinese Hackers , are you Wis Support ?
We can neither confirm or deny this accusation.
5/27/2016 8:30 AM
12 Next ▸
Non-Conference Scheduling Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.