Rescinding schollies..... Topic

What is the reason why you can't rescind a scholarship after signings start?
5/25/2016 1:45 PM
Probably to prevent people from not recisinding unless they know they can sign someone quickly to fill the spot.

Increases risk to cut scholarships
5/25/2016 1:51 PM
actually is another question for people that claim "you cant do that in real life" ...when in fact it happens regularly that a scholarship is revoked for rule violations (Granted that is no longer part of the game). So we pick and choose what is a game and what is a real life simulation
5/25/2016 4:46 PM
I just took over a team in DII Allen and have 9 juniors can a rescind one or two of those scholarships so I can even out my classes or is it too late being a few days from recruiting?
5/25/2016 5:00 PM
You can I would not...in another year you will get 6 scholarship money..you don't get money for players you rescind...If you want to even out your class look at a JR college player or two
5/25/2016 5:12 PM
Posted by taniajane on 5/25/2016 5:12:00 PM (view original):
You can I would not...in another year you will get 6 scholarship money..you don't get money for players you rescind...If you want to even out your class look at a JR college player or two
He could rescind 3 guys and just blindly take 3 juco's with star scholly, if he is fine doing that. Otherwise it doesn't make a difference as if you cant replace them and take walkons you'd have been better of just keeping them
5/25/2016 5:28 PM
Posted by masong83 on 5/25/2016 5:00:00 PM (view original):
I just took over a team in DII Allen and have 9 juniors can a rescind one or two of those scholarships so I can even out my classes or is it too late being a few days from recruiting?
You can definitely rescind some of those, and it would be a good idea to break up that 9-player class. You won't get recruiting money for them this season, that's true, but that is a viable way to shift around your class size.
5/25/2016 5:29 PM
Even if you take walkons, you're still shifting your classes around. There's no reason to focus on JUCO players either. Your team is probably going to suck for a little while anyway. Just sign the best players you can who are not in that particular class.
5/25/2016 5:32 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 5/25/2016 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Even if you take walkons, you're still shifting your classes around. There's no reason to focus on JUCO players either. Your team is probably going to suck for a little while anyway. Just sign the best players you can who are not in that particular class.
If you take walkons you aren't shifting the classes around. Say you take 3 walkons and now have 6 seniors. You still end up with 9 spots next season which is the same as not cutting.

Unless you want to cut those freshmen
5/25/2016 5:35 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 5/25/2016 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 5/25/2016 5:12:00 PM (view original):
He could rescind 3 guys and just blindly take 3 juco's with star scholly, if he is fine doing that. Otherwise it doesn't make a difference as if you cant replace them and take walkons you'd have been better of just keeping them
So, I want to change my class structure during a rebuild from a 3/3/5/1 to a 3/3/3/3 how would I do it?
5/25/2016 5:49 PM
When the 5 guys graduate, only sign 3.
5/25/2016 8:35 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/25/2016 8:35:00 PM (view original):
When the 5 guys graduate, only sign 3.
Thanks!
5/25/2016 8:36 PM
Rescinding schollies..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.