Home court advantage Topic

Guessing that it obviously helps. Wanted to know how much it helps and what you need to be above .500 in order for it to raise. I have raised it from C- to C and i'm 16-9.
5/25/2016 6:10 PM
It won't help you at all this season -- no more home games ;-) (I'm in the same boat.) Edit: Maybe you'll have some home PIT games.

I think I read a long time ago that it's a few points for each letter grade from F.
5/25/2016 6:41 PM
lol. Yeah just wondering what I can expect it to go to best case scenario and how many games above .5-- you have to be. Do you know how much of an effect it has on a game?
5/25/2016 6:54 PM
That's what I meant -- it's a few points per letter grade in a game. For me it seems to go up at the end of non-con (to B) and then again with a few games left in conference play (to B+, but as I have often have a 1-west schedule, I don't have games the last two dates). And then it resets at B- to start the year. I don't know the exact winning percentage you need, though.
5/25/2016 7:03 PM
Not sure but it definetly helps to play at home.
5/26/2016 10:59 AM
A few points per letter grade seems awfully high. I seem to remember top coaches saying an A+ at D1 is worth about 7 points a game. At D2 the highest you'll get is B or B+ and C or C+ at D3.
5/26/2016 2:03 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 5/26/2016 2:03:00 PM (view original):
A few points per letter grade seems awfully high. I seem to remember top coaches saying an A+ at D1 is worth about 7 points a game. At D2 the highest you'll get is B or B+ and C or C+ at D3.
actually....can be wrong.. but never seen over a B in Div 2...and not sure it counts for more than a point or two at best looking at the "betting lines" between home away and nuetral
5/26/2016 5:31 PM
Home court advantage Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.