Best Jobs Available Topic

Posted by awags on 5/26/2016 1:11:00 PM (view original):
I can't imagine leaving South Florida off the list. I really like the roster and it is in a BCS conference without elites. I'm very tempted.
You stay the heck out of the Big East... ;P, the Ville has a good thing going right now, and we don't need you to come make things tougher and add to that 0-200 record I have against you.
5/26/2016 2:45 PM
D1AA is reloading, back up to 52 coaches! (65 in D1A)
5/26/2016 3:38 PM
Posted by orangepace on 5/26/2016 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tampafla on 5/26/2016 1:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cjsweat on 5/26/2016 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hitman1979 on 5/26/2016 10:00:00 AM (view original):
I like Colorado State. There are also a number of Big 6 teams that have been SIM AI for a while, where if a coach were up to a rebuild, they could be nice. If Wyoming and/or a couple of other WAC teams get coaches, the WAC could be worth watching over the next several seasons. If I get the axe at Stanford in a couple of seasons, I will be looking at teams in the WAC.

Southern Illinois is a full rebuild at this point. I'd love to see someone step up to the plate.
I'm actually adjusting my view on the power-5 teams. To me, unless it's a BCS or a school in just a spectacular recruiting area (like Minnesota), it's just not worth it. You have ridiculous expectations and may only get 4-6 seasons to turn the program around. The smaller programs (like Wyoming) have distance advantages but don't carry the same expectations. You really can get 6-8 seasons before your job security falls off.

As for 1AA, I think the mid-west is actually a little thin on humans. Valpo, Southern Illinois & Missouri State are all great programs. Florida A&M used to be a giant in Wilkinson and with only two humans in Florida, it could be a great option.
You only need 4-6 seasons.
If it takes more than 4-6, from a job security perspective, I consider myself a failure.
This. It doesn't take more then six seasons to retain job security. Before I couldn't vet that and be truthful. I can now attest to recruiting in a pretty crappy place having to go through three elites almost every season. It can be done and done well quick.
5/26/2016 4:21 PM
Posted by tampafla on 5/26/2016 4:21:00 PM (view original):
I like Colorado State. There are also a number of Big 6 teams that have been SIM AI for a while, where if a coach were up to a rebuild, they could be nice. If Wyoming and/or a couple of other WAC teams get coaches, the WAC could be worth watching over the next several seasons. If I get the axe at Stanford in a couple of seasons, I will be looking at teams in the WAC.

Southern Illinois is a full rebuild at this point. I'd love to see someone step up to the plate.
I'm actually adjusting my view on the power-5 teams. To me, unless it's a BCS or a school in just a spectacular recruiting area (like Minnesota), it's just not worth it. You have ridiculous expectations and may only get 4-6 seasons to turn the program around. The smaller programs (like Wyoming) have distance advantages but don't carry the same expectations. You really can get 6-8 seasons before your job security falls off.

As for 1AA, I think the mid-west is actually a little thin on humans. Valpo, Southern Illinois & Missouri State are all great programs. Florida A&M used to be a giant in Wilkinson and with only two humans in Florida, it could be a great option.
If it takes more than 4-6, from a job security perspective, I consider myself a failure.
This. It doesn't take more then six seasons to retain job security. Before I couldn't vet that and be truthful. I can now attest to recruiting in a pretty crappy place having to go through three elites almost every season. It can be done and done well quick.
When there are 60+ human coaches, you consider expectations when evaluating which jobs are most attractive. You can argue all you want that a coach should turn a program around in six seasons...doesn't matter. 3 coaches were just fired from the Big East...expectations matter.
5/26/2016 5:30 PM (edited)
Posted by cjsweat on 5/26/2016 5:30:00 PM (view original):

When there are 60+ human coaches, you consider expectations when evaluating which jobs are most attractive. You can argue all you want that a coach should turn a program around in six seasons...doesn't matter. 3 coaches were just fired from the Big East...expectations matter.
Those coaches in the Big East had ample opportunities to turn their programs around. I don’t wish bad luck on anyone, but the truth is the truth. Looks like all you like to do is argue with any opinion I have. I wasn’t looking for a gotcha moment or an argument. Simply stating my opinion, funny anytime I say anything I’m wait how did you would put it “causing havoc in the forums.”

So basically you'll be on your show talking trash again. I listen to your opinions on me now and just laugh because I never say anything bad about anyone. My opinion is that it doesn’t take longer than six seasons to turn around a BCS program...or any program for that matter. No one is saying you’re going to be winning championships in six seasons. However, you shouldn't be worried about being fired if you have a good plan in place. That’s my opinion and it is far different from yours. So because my opinion is not in agreement with yours, everything I say against it is me looking for a gotcha moment…this is so childish.
5/26/2016 5:43 PM
Damn it Gilfoyle!
5/26/2016 9:20 PM
I have a plan in place, but it is likely to fail. Not everyone is good enough to win a championship every season. If it were that easy everyone would do it!

CJ is a personality and his show works because he has an opinion. I know that it's not anything personal. Heck, I almost always strongly disagree with his opening rant. If anyone is getting to the point where they are taking it personal, it might be time to take a step back (not from the game necessarily, but at least the show).
5/26/2016 11:16 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure why he takes things so personal. Oh well.
5/26/2016 11:45 PM
Funny you changed your post. Interesting.

No one said you can't have an opinion. Is that not what I just said above? The way I voiced my opinion was fine, the way you voiced yours was completely different. Hence the reason you edited your post. So you can come after people when ever you want, but if someone responds to you they're taking it personnel and need to leave the game. lol. Hey I think I just found that proclaimed "Gotcha" moment. This is hilarious. You kids have your fun, good luck to you.

I love how the persona i'm depicted as is this person who angrily attacks all these people and takes everything said so personal. Mighty funny I don't get that sentiment from any other coaches I deal with. Even ones that I debate with on the conference corner or whatever its called. I'll do the adult thing and walk away from the situation because its ridiculous at this point. I don't think anything else needs to be said.
5/27/2016 2:57 AM
Posted by hitman1979 on 5/26/2016 11:16:00 PM (view original):
I have a plan in place, but it is likely to fail. Not everyone is good enough to win a championship every season. If it were that easy everyone would do it!

CJ is a personality and his show works because he has an opinion. I know that it's not anything personal. Heck, I almost always strongly disagree with his opening rant. If anyone is getting to the point where they are taking it personal, it might be time to take a step back (not from the game necessarily, but at least the show).
Where did I say everyone should win a championship every season!?!?!?!? I said in 4-6 seasons you shouldn't be worried about job security. I'm not understanding where the disconnect is? I basically said you shouldn't be expected to win championships.

All I did was list my opinion and give a reason for why I believed the way I did. I thought my post read like someone making a statement in a conversation. I guess not, oh well. OP had the same opinion I did and I agreed with him in a cordial respectful fashion. Yet no one is coming after him.
5/27/2016 3:05 AM
Posted by tampafla on 5/27/2016 2:57:00 AM (view original):
Funny you changed your post. Interesting.

No one said you can't have an opinion. Is that not what I just said above? The way I voiced my opinion was fine, the way you voiced yours was completely different. Hence the reason you edited your post. So you can come after people when ever you want, but if someone responds to you they're taking it personnel and need to leave the game. lol. Hey I think I just found that proclaimed "Gotcha" moment. This is hilarious. You kids have your fun, good luck to you.

I love how the persona i'm depicted as is this person who angrily attacks all these people and takes everything said so personal. Mighty funny I don't get that sentiment from any other coaches I deal with. Even ones that I debate with on the conference corner or whatever its called. I'll do the adult thing and walk away from the situation because its ridiculous at this point. I don't think anything else needs to be said.
When you say, "Looks like all you like to do is argue with any opinion I have," you are taking it personal. You and I have agreed plenty of times before...you're simply taking this one disagreement and making it about you.

For what it's worth, I deleted that portion of my statement before you posted because I didn't feel it added anything to the conversation. And because you do seem to things personally, I thought it would be best to remove said statement. Looks like I was right...if only I had realized that before I submitted the original post.

Lots of coaches disagree with me. 99% of the time it's all fun. I've said before that anything I say on the show isn't meant to be taken personally. About once a show, I'll even call out a coach that I'm friends with for having a lousy season. Heck, I've even called myself out twice on the show. Don't take anything that happens on the show or on the forums serious. It's a game.

And lastly, if you were going to "walk away," why bother posting again? lol.
5/27/2016 9:59 AM (edited)
Posted by tampafla on 5/27/2016 3:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by hitman1979 on 5/26/2016 11:16:00 PM (view original):

Where did I say everyone should win a championship every season!?!?!?!? I said in 4-6 seasons you shouldn't be worried about job security. I'm not understanding where the disconnect is? I basically said you shouldn't be expected to win championships.

All I did was list my opinion and give a reason for why I believed the way I did. I thought my post read like someone making a statement in a conversation. I guess not, oh well. OP had the same opinion I did and I agreed with him in a cordial respectful fashion. Yet no one is coming after him.
The point is, just because something is easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for everyone.
5/27/2016 8:53 AM

Thanks CJ.. now there are 4 D1AA Coaches in Florida.. A&M, FIU, Bethune-Cookman, and Jacksonville. Theres also UCF in 1A which can be pesky when recruiting.-- that's just -in- Florida.
5/27/2016 9:45 AM
I totally forgot about Bethune Cookman! The MEAC is starting to make things really, really interesting.
5/27/2016 9:51 AM
Posted by cjsweat on 5/26/2016 5:30:00 PM (view original):

I have to agree with Tampa here.. I consider my own expectations to be more difficult than those of the engine. If I haven't met my own expectations in as many as 4 years, I generally would fire myself.

My stance is this.. If you are worried about taking on a team and getting fired in 4-6 seasons (at least enough to keep your job), you shouldn't be playing at that level yet anyway. You need to learn more before you're ready to take on that challenge.

Let's just address the real issue. Some people stretch far beyond their current capabilities. It's good to test yourself, but not wise to bite off more than you can chew.

5/27/2016 9:54 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Best Jobs Available Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.