Best Jobs Available Topic

Posted by orangepace on 8/6/2016 1:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by awags on 8/5/2016 9:38:00 PM (view original):
Headline: The Big East is getting strong! Check out the latest here: http://mizzoucj.wix.com/wilkinsoncentral#!coaching-carousel/so59e
The Big East better be on notice.. Fortunate for them, I think in 3-4 seasons that if an Elite opens up, jtd will be a prime candidate. But that's 3-4 seasons of outright hell he's going to bestow on that league. Not to mention bama is a good coach as well and took on the Cincy job. Lot of good coaches in the Big East should make it really fun to watch.
I was surprised jtd didn't stick around at Southern Miss until an elite opened.
8/6/2016 12:09 PM
Headline: The Big East is getting strong! Check out the latest here: http://mizzoucj.wix.com/wilkinsoncentral#!coaching-carousel/so59e
The Big East better be on notice.. Fortunate for them, I think in 3-4 seasons that if an Elite opens up, jtd will be a prime candidate. But that's 3-4 seasons of outright hell he's going to bestow on that league. Not to mention bama is a good coach as well and took on the Cincy job. Lot of good coaches in the Big East should make it really fun to watch.
I thought very long on that Syracuse job. It's a prime job, for certain. But the roster distribution and lack of a good, upperclass QB scared me away. I've got VT in good shape going into next season, so I decided to sit tight. I hope I don't regret that.

I worry that things in D-IA will largely stagnate, as the coaches in Wilkinson like the world and are reticent to move around and/or leave. In a few seasons, if no other premium jobs open and I'm still at VT, I think I will regret not putting in for that Syracuse gig.
8/6/2016 4:42 PM
Posted by vhoward415 on 8/6/2016 4:42:00 PM (view original):
I thought very long on that Syracuse job. It's a prime job, for certain. But the roster distribution and lack of a good, upperclass QB scared me away. I've got VT in good shape going into next season, so I decided to sit tight. I hope I don't regret that.

I worry that things in D-IA will largely stagnate, as the coaches in Wilkinson like the world and are reticent to move around and/or leave. In a few seasons, if no other premium jobs open and I'm still at VT, I think I will regret not putting in for that Syracuse gig.
I thought about the job also but am currently caught up in this "South Florida rising" thing. I am a little surprised that jtd79 took the Cuse job just because I believe if he stayed at Southern Miss his resume would be hard to beat once the next great job becomes available.
8/6/2016 6:39 PM
I love hearing people's reasons for applying to different jobs. I'm trying to rack up wins in D3 but when I eventually accept for a D1AA job I'll be sure to post my reasons for taking the job and some exaggerated reasons for why I'll be successful.
8/8/2016 2:12 PM
Posted by paulsuberlak on 8/8/2016 2:12:00 PM (view original):
I love hearing people's reasons for applying to different jobs. I'm trying to rack up wins in D3 but when I eventually accept for a D1AA job I'll be sure to post my reasons for taking the job and some exaggerated reasons for why I'll be successful.

and some exaggerated reasons for why I'll be successful.

And what will those be?
8/8/2016 6:51 PM
How will he know until he knows what the job is?
8/8/2016 6:53 PM
Posted by hitman1979 on 8/8/2016 6:53:00 PM (view original):
If he's exaggerating, what does it matter? Let's start making stuff up now and get ahead of the curve!
8/8/2016 8:35 PM
Posted by vhoward415 on 8/8/2016 8:35:00 PM (view original):
If he's exaggerating, what does it matter? Let's start making stuff up now and get ahead of the curve!
LOL! This caused me to spit coffee everywhere.. Now I'll have to burn an hour cleaning this mess up! Well done.
8/9/2016 2:04 AM
Current coach map for DIA and DIAA should be updated
8/9/2016 9:43 AM
Posted by orangepace on 8/9/2016 2:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by vhoward415 on 8/8/2016 8:35:00 PM (view original):
LOL! This caused me to spit coffee everywhere.. Now I'll have to burn an hour cleaning this mess up! Well done.
8/9/2016 11:57 AM
4 new hires in the BEast! All that excitement makes me almost wish I'd gone for the Green and Gold of Colorado State instead of the Buffs. I think Syracuse is a really nice spot to recruit from and JTD is going to do great there.

Thought about Southern Miss, too... Did OK there in Yost, and think it's a good spot to recruit from, too... but want to stick with something different (for now). I've also coached Syracuse before too -- I don't think JTD hurt his chances of landing an elite by switching up.
8/9/2016 10:25 PM
The coaching carousel is back. Take a look.

http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/coaching-carousel
9/7/2016 9:33 PM
Grindi to Montana was a surprise.
9/8/2016 5:18 PM
Arizona State is a nice job. Macdee had this team on its way.
9/8/2016 8:49 PM
Thoughts on Buffalo vs. UTEP vs. Houston?

Thanks.

James
9/8/2016 8:57 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Best Jobs Available Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.