Willing to re-sign after injury? Topic

I had never seen this before.

I have a player who was unwilling to re-sign throughout the season and was set on testing free agency. Then he got hurt for 11 days during the playoffs. Strangely enough, now that he's injured and the season is going to end before he fully recovers, he's willing to sign a cheap, one-year deal (I gave him two years ).

I wasn't aware that a minor injury could change a player's re-sign status during the season. Has anyone else seen this? Here's the player:

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=4480948
5/26/2016 3:28 PM
I would suspect that a players current ratings factor into their signability. Your player is 36 and has been declining throughout the current season. The injury knocked his ratings down just a tiny bit more. I would guess that he finally crossed a threshold between "testing FA" and "willing to sign" due to the latest ratings reduction.
5/26/2016 3:33 PM
That makes more sense -- thanks.
5/27/2016 4:16 AM
Willing to re-sign after injury? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.