D3 playing time... Topic

I hate to say it but if you do not play press, the sophs are whining all the time in D3 and transfer. So press is already a bit overpowered, and yet press teams get to keep their players. My sophs complain everywhere whether it's man to man or zone. I lose players because even if I go uptempo, their playing time is low.

It needs to be adressed. I can understand juniors being ****** but when a sophs plays 6 to 8 minutes, I think it's allright.
5/27/2016 9:39 AM
Posted by zorzii on 5/27/2016 9:39:00 AM (view original):
I hate to say it but if you do not play press, the sophs are whining all the time in D3 and transfer. So press is already a bit overpowered, and yet press teams get to keep their players. My sophs complain everywhere whether it's man to man or zone. I lose players because even if I go uptempo, their playing time is low.

It needs to be adressed. I can understand juniors being ****** but when a sophs plays 6 to 8 minutes, I think it's allright.
My guys never complain when I was man to man. What is your reputition mine is a A+, But I switch to fastbreak/press to fullfill a lineup that I have had in mind and after this generation graduates I will start going a G,G,G,G,C lineup.
5/27/2016 9:49 AM
I have a Soph complaining in Div 2 when he was ineligible his 1st year, hence low IQ. I think it is a player to player situation. Some will complain and others wont, similar to the red shirt.
5/27/2016 9:53 AM
you are basically running a super class in a man defense which is why they arent playing
5/27/2016 9:57 AM
It's my zone team that I am talking about. I will lose two players that I need next season. But I have no place for them in the rotation this season.
5/27/2016 10:19 AM
Posted by zorzii on 5/27/2016 10:19:00 AM (view original):
It's my zone team that I am talking about. I will lose two players that I need next season. But I have no place for them in the rotation this season.
same deal zone is even worse for playing time.

It's jst another thing that need fixing because playing time is actually too low for starters, and most teams don't run 12 deep.

WVU and SFA had majority of players 22-26 mpg just about right for constant press teams. Walkup had 29.5 but he's probably a true 100 stamina.

But otherwise most starters are playing more.

Uptempo teams that don't rell run press see 25-30 mpg from starters and then slowdown teams see their best players hit 30-34 and have only 8-9 guys player 10+ mpg
5/27/2016 10:55 AM (edited)
D3 playing time... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.