Best way to stop a high ATH PG that shoots ZERO 3s Topic

Tried double teaming him last time and I was killed by free throws. I play a man to man and the vast majority of his offense runs through this PG. Best way to position my team?
5/27/2016 4:29 PM
Double team is a way .. you will foul if your Guards do not have good defense and good SPD though.
5/27/2016 4:47 PM
Right, I don't want to double team. I'm asking what the best positioning is? Take away the inside? -4, -5?
5/27/2016 5:36 PM
Yes, a negative number takes away shots near to the basket.. But that also increase fouls.
5/27/2016 5:55 PM
Don't know why you wouldn't double team him again. You're an underdog and need to take action. He's the only option on his offense and sucks at passing. Should lead to some turnovers. That being said, he's got a much better team so regardless of what you do, could be trouble for you. Might as well put your best effort out there rather than have that player torch you like he has everyone else. Yes he lit you up last time, but that's probably expected for a player like that against guys that aren't quite as good. However, he did have 5 turnovers and was only fouled 3 times by the Latimer/Remington combo.
5/27/2016 6:06 PM
-3, -4, -5?
5/27/2016 9:06 PM
I'm not sure I would even go that low. Not to give away my would-be ideas to beat another human coach, but like hughes said, the more negative, the more fouls, generally speaking. Also what tempo would you be going? Normal again?
5/27/2016 9:39 PM
Not sure on tempo. Faster or slower?
5/27/2016 10:35 PM
Normal tempo, -2 defense....if winning, slowdown with -2 defense....if losing fast paced -2 defense. All with a double team...
5/27/2016 11:26 PM
nice game...just about had it. you actually had the lead with under a minute to go in regulation. I think I would have been slowdown and -1
5/28/2016 9:03 AM
I think you did the right thing. Double teaming is a good strategy in that situation. I prefer to double post players because of the lower passing/bh but sometimes you gotta double a guard. I only go slow down if either, the whole team is better than mine or I am worried about fouling to much and start the fatigue whirlpool.
5/28/2016 9:42 AM
Almost, the -2 almost get em ;)
5/28/2016 11:00 AM
Best way to stop a high ATH PG that shoots ZERO 3s Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.