How important is it to sign or attempt to sign all your draft picks?

I just had my first draft today and after my first five or six picks I can't find anyone I drafted that is projected high enough to ever help me.

Is it worth signing these guys?
5/28/2016 9:52 AM
To fill out your minors, yes it's important to sign some of the lower drafted guys. I normally sign everyone I think can contribute in any way at ML level then skip lots of the 200k, can't contribute types, then sign lots of the lower guys. Thus off season a lot ofor your minor league guys will retire and you'll need these draft picks to fill that void. Not to mention, it's good etiquetteto keep your minors with full teams and fresh players (it's can get you kicked out of some private leagues)
5/28/2016 11:48 AM
There's always a chance that some of those guys could become DITRs, so it's always worth signing them.
5/28/2016 2:36 PM
... And, if you don't stock your minor league rosters to at least minimum levels, the AI will start doing it for you. Probably better to make your own choices rather than have it come to that.

5/28/2016 3:38 PM
You don't have to sign right away. I often hold on to money I might need during the season. If the playoffs start and I haven't used it, I'll go back and sign all the draft picks I can. As others have posted, unless your in a crap world you'll need to fill your MinL with warm bodies next season. Might as well use money that would otherwise go away to fill your LowA & Rookie teams. Signing MinL FA filler is not a lot of fun. So sign all the draft picks you can.
5/28/2016 4:41 PM
Also, your minor league players won't retire if you promote them at the end of the season when it doesn't cost you anything.
5/28/2016 5:28 PM
Thanks to everyone. I appreciate it.
5/28/2016 11:50 PM
when are the DITR announced?
5/31/2016 4:32 PM
During the All-Star break.
5/31/2016 4:43 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.