Sim ai conference tourney superman yet again Topic

This is some of the biggest bull **** I've ever seen Mac in phelan. Yeah I get upset by a decent coach and team then sim ai pulls superman mode and beats two good human coaches to the title. No way in hell this should happen even with evenly matched teams.......this is the part of the game that needs freaking fixed
5/29/2016 2:11 PM
No way in hell this should happen even with evenly matched teams

If they're evenly matched, shouldn't anything be possible?
5/29/2016 2:28 PM
i've been in the a10 in phelan, or maybe knight, for the last 10 seasons. i was curious, because we've been about half full, or slightly less, this entire time. i don't think we've ever topped 6 coaches but we always have at least 4-5 - so by this logic, i should be seeing more than half sim CT victories, right? anyway, the sims have won 0 of those 10 CTs. thats a pretty terrible run, if indeed they are given some built in advantage (they aren't).

to me, there is nothing here - but my message to anyone who thinks there is, is, the issue is almost certainly on your end. not trying to be a dick, but really, look to your own teams. why are you losing to sims? they play in a very consistent way, they are easy to game plan against, they recruit poorly... really, seeing a sim opponent in the CT should result in a sigh of relief, or jubilation, or something along those lines.

most sims merit a defensive setting of +1/2/3, something in there, is that what you guys all played against the victor? occasionally, a sim can be nasty if a human leaves behind a particularly dangerous team, but i've never seen that last more than a season or two.
5/29/2016 2:31 PM
well, i checked. in your example, akron ran an uptempo -3 in the CT final, into a sim that takes a massive amount of 3s. horrible move, but par for the course for this kind of complaint. i'm dead serious, anyone who is losing to sims in the CT regularly, there is only one place they need to look - and that is at themselves. joco, i noticed you lost to a human, so maybe you aren't the problem, maybe its your conference mates?
5/29/2016 2:33 PM
neither of those teams are world beaters, and in my humble opinion, Akron was asking for it by going uptempo there.
5/29/2016 2:34 PM
And Akron went -3 or -2, never go Under -1 against a SIM, it will pour threes... The other team can complain, got an unlucky SIM, maybe did not manage rebonding well.
5/29/2016 2:43 PM
It happens, Holy Cross won the Patriot CT and they had a losing record. As long as it doesn't happen consistently it's fine, but yeh like everyone said there was some choices that helped the sim
5/29/2016 3:42 PM
Posted by zorzii on 5/29/2016 2:43:00 PM (view original):
And Akron went -3 or -2, never go Under -1 against a SIM, it will pour threes... The other team can complain, got an unlucky SIM, maybe did not manage rebonding well.
I would never play a SIMAI under 0 for defensive positioning (unless they shoot no threes).

As billyg said .. almost always a +1 +2 or +3. (for me I would likely not do +3 .. so +1 or +2)

I looked specifically at Miami(OH): They have 10 upperclassmen, no way you should go up tempo against them. And specifically, I would have played them an +1 and not -3.

In my analysis of the 2 teams .. The only way Akron is going to score consitently is use Fields ... in fact,. he should have had double the Distro of either of the guards IMHO.

5/29/2016 5:20 PM (edited)
The only time I'm comforatable playing a sim under a +1 is if I have multiple per threats and hit 15+ 3's a game and thats only against sims with no one above 50 per. Even in that situation where I hti 15+ per game and I'm facig a team with a few 60 and 70 guys I'm still running +1 because they are probably still goign to be taking 20-30 and making between 5-10
5/29/2016 5:54 PM
Posted by joco45215 on 5/29/2016 2:11:00 PM (view original):
This is some of the biggest bull **** I've ever seen Mac in phelan. Yeah I get upset by a decent coach and team then sim ai pulls superman mode and beats two good human coaches to the title. No way in hell this should happen even with evenly matched teams.......this is the part of the game that needs freaking fixed
I made a post about a month or two ago regarding this same thing. I'm not saying that the Sim team should never win the conference tournament, especially when the teams are close in talent, however there seemed something very "fishy" with the play by play. We had a team by 14 points midway through second half and with a huge stamina advantage and something happened where it was like the SIM team had super human abilities. None of the events that transpired matched up with the ratings of the players on the court.
5/29/2016 9:50 PM
MIami Oh beat Akron both times during the regular season and beat them in the conference tournament and by about the same margin, so no issue there.

The fact that Miami Oh lost to E.Michigan by 10 at home and then won on a neutral court by 11 should be checked into however.

5/29/2016 9:56 PM
My analysis is that it's probably the SIM knows how to maximize it's practice and game plan, therefore with that being said they are getting the most out of their players abilities. Now the question is, is it an unfair advantage the the programmer of the game who could also be the same person that created the practice plan/ game planning for these teams and knowing how the game works is it fair to the human coached teams that don't have that same advantage?
5/29/2016 10:06 PM
You can't possibly be serious that the sim is maximizing its practice and game plans, can you??? That's not even close to the truth.

And I'm also of the opinion that if you lose to a sim it's nearly always your own fault and shouldn't be chalked up to a phantom advantage they must have at a certain point of the season.
5/29/2016 10:59 PM (edited)
Posted by thewizard17 on 5/29/2016 10:06:00 PM (view original):
My analysis is that it's probably the SIM knows how to maximize it's practice and game plan, therefore with that being said they are getting the most out of their players abilities. Now the question is, is it an unfair advantage the the programmer of the game who could also be the same person that created the practice plan/ game planning for these teams and knowing how the game works is it fair to the human coached teams that don't have that same advantage?
The practice mask for sim teams is still there if you take over a formerly sim team - and trust me, having looked at it it doesn't even remotely resemble the possibility of being something close to being vaguely optimal.
5/29/2016 11:13 PM
yeh sims are terrible at practice plan, guards always leave any reb/lp potential and big men always leave per/bh/pas potential
5/29/2016 11:28 PM
123 Next ▸
Sim ai conference tourney superman yet again Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.